HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm 

Why is that even news? Of course people don’t want people smoking things in their homes. It’s disgusting.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:19 pm 

Here's the thing though - banning smoking in places was always easy because it's just a habit. But now, weve gone so far down the "medicinal marijuana" route (probably because nobody thought we'd have a pm legalizing it in 2018), that it seems like it would be discriminatory to prevent people from doing something that they need to do as part of their medical care. Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of the medical marijuana industry, but it seems like a case of "in for a penny, in for a pound". If we're gonna say it's a medicine and it's legit, then it makes sense we protect people who choose/need to use it in those circumstances.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:23 am 

dillon wrote:
Here's the thing though - banning smoking in places was always easy because it's just a habit. But now, weve gone so far down the "medicinal marijuana" route (probably because nobody thought we'd have a pm legalizing it in 2018), that it seems like it would be discriminatory to prevent people from doing something that they need to do as part of their medical care. Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of the medical marijuana industry, but it seems like a case of "in for a penny, in for a pound". If we're gonna say it's a medicine and it's legit, then it makes sense we protect people who choose/need to use it in those circumstances.

I can promise you that like everything else, the media is making this in to a bigger deal than it needs to be - mostly because everyone wants to talk about MJ legalization these days. There are more ways to consume medical cannabis than smoking.

In fact, the most common method for medicinal use is ingestion, which is obviously undetectable. Many frequent users are using vaporizers now as well, which although aren't 100% smell-proof while in use, are generally undectectable following a "session." They also offer more control over what temperature the material is cooked at, allowing the user to adjust vapour production accordingly. Smoking your dank indoors is unnecessary at this point, and if you don't actually own a property you shouldn't necessarily be allowed to burn things inside it.

The future man, it's wild.

dillon wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm no big fan of the medical marijuana industry

Why? If it actually does offer people with certain conditions relief without side effects, is this not a good thing worthy of permission? How many people would a particular medicine have to help before you became a big fan of it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:19 pm 

Oh my God there's more!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/marijuana ... -1.4532019

Quote:
Marijuana users' self-proclaimed holiday is linked with a slight increase in fatal U.S. car crashes, an analysis of 25 years of data found

Even though the article self-debunks in the second paragraph, I am taking this to the bank. Sold.
Quote:
The study lacks evidence on whether pot was involved in any of the April 20 crashes, but marijuana can impair driving ability. Previous studies have shown that many pot-using motorists drive after partaking and think it's safe to do so.

It even has a "fatalities" angle for Minty, great article.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 am 

Just can't restrain myself, too funny.

Quote:
In five months or so Mr. Socks will make weed legal.

Quote:
The current Socks/Mills agenda is to legalize marijuana consumption for the purpose of getting high (as opposed to healing), allowing people to light up in their homes at will, plus producing their own stuff (four plants under cultivation). So while it is illegal to have a still and make alcohol, it will be fine to turn your apartment laundry room into a grow-op, with 400-watt light bulbs, sketchy xcords, plastic housing and a commercial humidifier.

Lots of landlords are starting to contemplate what this means.

http://www.greaterfool.ca/2018/02/13/unit-420/

Check the dog pic, LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:02 am 

B&T402 wrote:
Quote:
Under rules announced in the fall, the province plans a ban on recreational pot consumption in public spaces and workplaces, allowing it only in private residences. Medical marijuana use will be permitted anywhere that cigarette smoking is allowed, the legislation says.

Landlords will be able to spell out a ban on smoking marijuana in rental units for new leases post-legalization — the same as they do for tobacco use — but the province’s tenancy laws make it illegal to change a lease before it ends.

Quote:
It can cost $5,000-6,000 to get the smell of marijuana smoke out of apartment walls and floors, said Dan Henderson, president of the DelSuites property management firm in Toronto.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... ation.html

Quote:
Dirty smelly potheads!

Going to be a lot of people walking around smelling like skunk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 pm 

Fukkin’ A. Smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 pm 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate ... -1.4713222
Quote:
"I'm feeling just great," said Sen. Tony Dean, who sponsored the bill in the Senate. "We've just witnessed a historic vote for Canada. The end of 90 years of prohibition. Transformative social policy, I think. A brave move on the part of the government."

Dean said he thought the Senate functioned well throughout the process and he was proud of the work the Red Chamber did.

"Now we can start to tackle some of the harms of cannabis. We can start to be proactive in public education. We'll see the end of criminalization and we can start addressing Canada's $7-billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada."

A taxation boon first and foremost, let's not forget who we're dealing with here. Also, this will do jack sh*t to "tackle some of the harms", what a shameless load of horseshit.

Also fixed it for him:
Quote:
"...and we can start accessing Canada's $7-billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 am 

According to the Toronto Star pot will be legal mid September.

I always thought it was incredibly stupid that the plan was to make it legal on July 1st, a day that we should celebrate our country, not pot. I mean seriously Bill Blair, there are 364 other days to choose.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:

I always thought it was incredibly stupid that the plan was to make it legal on July 1st, a day that we should celebrate our country, not pot. I mean seriously Bill Blair, there are 364 other days to choose.

The “plan” was never that date. That’s something the media (CBC) incorrectly inferred and ran with. The original statement from Health Canada stated the “government intends to legalize recreational cannabis no later than July 2018.”

In fact before they even announced anything in 2017 Bill Blair literally said “I don’t believe July 1 should be an implementation date for anything; it is a day of celebration for the anniversary and founding of our country.”

Looks like the Liberals aren’t so stupid after all. You’ll need to find something else to sh*t on them for.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:59 am 

B&T402 wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-passes-government-pot-bill-1.4713222
Quote:
"I'm feeling just great," said Sen. Tony Dean, who sponsored the bill in the Senate. "We've just witnessed a historic vote for Canada. The end of 90 years of prohibition. Transformative social policy, I think. A brave move on the part of the government."

Dean said he thought the Senate functioned well throughout the process and he was proud of the work the Red Chamber did.

"Now we can start to tackle some of the harms of cannabis. We can start to be proactive in public education. We'll see the end of criminalization and we can start addressing Canada's $7-billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada."

A taxation boon first and foremost, let's not forget who we're dealing with here. Also, this will do jack sh*t to "tackle some of the harms", what a shameless load of horseshit.

Also fixed it for him:
Quote:
"...and we can start accessing Canada's $7-billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada."

Why won’t it ‘tackle any harms?’

It has in California, Colorado, and Washington. Why not here?

Why can’t the government cash in on something AND make life better for us?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:40 am 

Hodor wrote:
Halton Home Inspector wrote:

The “plan” was never that date.

:roll: Yes it was. They backtracked after realising how dumb that was and after they realised that the Senate would want to have their say in the matter.

"If you've been waiting for July first to legally buy recreational marijuana, there's bad news. The Trudeau government won't be able to deliver on its promise to make pot legal by Canada day."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4030429/recreational-marijuana-canada-sale-delay-august

"The new law gives Queen’s Park a monopoly on recreational marijuana when the federal government’s legalization takes effect on July 1."

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2017/12/12/ontario-passes-cannabis-act-will-take-effect-july-1-2018.html

"The Canada Day goal was always a moving target for Ottawa when the government first tabled Bill C-45."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4271668/marijuana-legal-delay-july-1-why

"Justin Trudeau said in an interview with Quebec’s TVA Tuesday that the government won’t be legalizing marijuana on July 1, 2018 like we all thought."

https://www.theloop.ca/trudeau-says-july-1-date-weed-legalization-isnt-actually-happening

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am 

Hmm. Maybe I need to use the Home Inspector Smilies™️.

:arrow: Great links. But they never said July 1. Find that one, please.

:!: And I’m talking about an official government release, not something the CBC discovered from “insiders.”

But even if you were correct (you’re not :roll: ) - government makes target, then changes date so as not to offend butthurt anti-cannabis conservatives. The fact you can somehow spin that in to a negative displays some pretty heavy closed-mindedness. :lol:

8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:21 am 

^ So funny Hodor, asking me to re-post the same information again.

Even 3 of the 4 links say July 1st. Read man. You can do it.

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 am 

Hodor wrote:
Why won’t it ‘tackle any harms?’

Let it go, man. We won!

Let them have their studies, more information is better anyway.

The war is over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next