HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:02 pm 

went to Milton photo in the mall,,they wanted 20 dollars for a passport photo..Costco you can get it for 6.95 I believe but don't want to drive to Costco and I heard if your caa plus holder,,passports pictures are free

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:13 pm 

It's probably cheaper at that little photo place in Walmart.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:24 pm 

I went to that photo studio in Walmart two weeks ago. I was told $25 for 2 pcs of passport photo. The customer service area of Real Canadian Superstore offers it for $15 but the machine was broken during that time. Give them a shout if it's already okay. It also costs $20 in Shoppers Drug Mart.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:45 pm 

Stop paying $20 for some teenager to take a picture of you. You can do it yourselves. There’s a ton of apps for this, use them, print at Milton photo or wherever you want an it’ll cost like $2.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Stop paying $20 for some teenager to take a picture of you. You can do it yourselves. There’s a ton of apps for this, use them, print at Milton photo or wherever you want an it’ll cost like $2.

You sure?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... hotos.html
Quote:
Our requirements for passport photos are different from those in the United States and other countries. Photos for Canadian passports must be taken in person by a commercial photographer or studio. They must also comply with all of our photo requirements. If they don’t, we will reject your application.

Bring the Passport photo specifications to the photographer or studio to make sure they meet the correct photo requirements.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:04 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Hodor wrote:

You sure?

Quote:
Our requirements for passport photos are different from those in the United States and other countries. Photos for Canadian passports must be taken in person by a commercial photographer or studio. They must also comply with all of our photo requirements. If they don’t, we will reject your application.

Bring the Passport photo specifications to the photographer or studio to make sure they meet the correct photo requirements.

No but I want someone to try it so I know if I can do it in 8 years when mine expires. I figure someone on the internet who’s too cheap to spend what amounts to $2/year would be willing to give it a go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 pm 

actually I did not understand why for such a pity thing the op has to post a question like this in this forum.

If I have to do a thorough search for every $20 I am spending, man this itself will be another full time job.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:37 pm 

Hodor wrote:
B&T402 wrote:
Hodor wrote:

You sure?

Quote:

No but I want someone to try it so I know if I can do it in 8 years when mine expires. I figure someone on the internet who’s too cheap to spend what amounts to $2/year would be willing to give it a go.

Right, good one. We're on the brink of new ones, good thing I checked.

I hope they never go to an app, we're already the easiest go-to fake passport source for international criminals, don't want to make it any easier. What's next, that Snapchat mustache and puppy dog face feature? Sure why not!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:25 am 

Sorry I don’t follow your logic. When you get a “professional studio” to take your picture, they don’t check ID or anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:56 am 

Well, I was going to stick with my presumption that an app-based system would be even more fraud-friendly than our current and longstanding way. But a look into it makes me think it would be better to change. Other countries are having success, even ones that used to be plagued by trouble previously. https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... -passports

However, given the special and natural ability of Canadian governments to f**K things up, regardless of the functionary:citizen ratio, who knows maybe fraud would still be a problem. Phoenix payroll FUBAR being one wonderful example.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:26 pm 

It’s not an “app based system.” Just an app that helps you take the photo with the proper dimensions. You’re overthinking this.

And who really cares anyway? Need a passport? Pay the $20 or whatever and get a picture taken. You’re already gonna pay like $120 for the passport. It’s good for 10 years. Small hassle for 10 years of not worrying about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:53 pm 

Couldn't agree with Carl more. OP was standing three paces away from the luxury $20 photo booth, but balked and drove off in their ICE to save $5? Reminds me of a saying "(s/he) knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing", not a good sign I say.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:18 am 

B&T402 wrote:
Couldn't agree with Carl more. OP was standing three paces away from the luxury $20 photo booth, but balked and drove off in their ICE to save $5? Reminds me of a saying "(s/he) knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing", not a good sign I say.

Wait until they take their Mickey Mouse photo to the passport office and it’s rejected after waiting through lineup #1 for not being the right size.