HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 pm 

I have been going to this Mary Brown on my cheat days for 8 years now, because of the darn good taste, freshness and size. Unfortunately their new owner decided to cut corners, so freshness, size, and taste have dramatically downsize.

I've called and inquire about this, but they have informed me that their supplier are the same when they changed owners. You just can't lie to a loyal customer that has been going there for years.

So here are the changes I have noticed right of the bat:

1. chicken freshness is gone, before they cook the yummy chicken when you order, but now their chicken and taters are waiting in some heated cover or something.
2. their symbolic sizes are gone, sizes are mixed in with other brand chicken that are smaller and fattier. Also their breading technique has changed.
3. taters freshness is gone, same as chicken. They use to cook these when you order them, but now lingers in some kind of heating element.
4. service was awkward, I know their in training mode, but it was just uncomfortable waiting for stale chicken and taters now.

Bottom line is that, I did not mind the higher price for Mary Brown Chicken and Taters because of their huge seasoned fresh Chicken and Taters. But now I gave up hope on them and will not be going back after 8 years just for stale smaller chicken that some may compare to kfc sizes on steeles.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am 

This is the most passionate write up about fried chicken since pen has been used on paper. Look on the bright side though, watermelon and grape drink is still affordable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am 

Probably the liberals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am 

aznchaos wrote:
I have been going to this Mary Brown on my cheat days for 8 years now, because of the darn good taste, freshness and size. Unfortunately their new owner decided to cut corners, so freshness, size, and taste have dramatically downsize.

I've called and inquire about this, but they have informed me that their supplier are the same when they changed owners. You just can't lie to a loyal customer that has been going there for years.

So here are the changes I have noticed right of the bat:

1. chicken freshness is gone, before they cook the yummy chicken when you order, but now their chicken and taters are waiting in some heated cover or something.
2. their symbolic sizes are gone, sizes are mixed in with other brand chicken that are smaller and fattier. Also their breading technique has changed.
3. taters freshness is gone, same as chicken. They use to cook these when you order them, but now lingers in some kind of heating element.
4. service was awkward, I know their in training mode, but it was just uncomfortable waiting for stale chicken and taters now.

Bottom line is that, I did not mind the higher price for Mary Brown Chicken and Taters because of their huge seasoned fresh Chicken and Taters. But now I gave up hope on them and will not be going back after 8 years just for stale smaller chicken that some may compare to kfc sizes on steeles.

The new owner is protesting against Jollibee.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:11 pm 

Same thing has happened to KFC, (yes i got to kfc sometimes and i'm proud of it). The pieces are now tiny and tastes like socks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:08 pm 

SubWay serves rubber chickens formerly stars of The Muppets take Manhattan.
I notice that Mary Brown's every few weeks for many years, but it never crossed my mind to go in there.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:21 am 

Popeyes ftw!