HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:04 pm 

just heard Ford is cutting lots of there lineup of cars..and only having ford trucks....friend of mine delivers parts to Galliger Ford and mentions its always dead in there,,no customers...and I have a ford vehicle and there parts are very expensive..so I just buy from rockauto..have the price...
so I can see Gallinger Ford Folding in Milton
https://www.thestar.com/business/2018/0 ... -plan.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:02 pm 

Gone will be the Fiesta, Fusion, C-Max?, Taurus. SUV's stay Ecosport, Escape, Flex, Edge, Exporer and Expedition. Plus all trucks. The only 2 "cars" they will have is the Mustang & Focus Hybrid. As for Car dealers who goes there unless you want to buy a new car or for warranty work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:10 pm 

dcjcdc wrote:
just heard Ford is cutting lots of there lineup of cars..and only having ford trucks....friend of mine delivers parts to Galliger Ford and mentions its always dead in there,,no customers...and I have a ford vehicle and there parts are very expensive..so I just buy from rockauto..have the price...
so I can see Gallinger Ford Folding in Milton
https://www.thestar.com/business/2018/0 ... -plan.html

Not a chance. This is as close to threatening dealership closures that the article comes, which makes your prediction a bit of a stretch. Some kind of axe to grind with Gallingers maybe?

Quote:
Lower-performing areas will be targeted for restructuring and some areas could be targeted for “disposition,” Shanks said. Shanks defined disposition as a different business model, efficiency improvements, exiting or downsizing. “Whatever it takes,” he said.

Shanks wouldn’t say if employees would be cut but said nothing is off the table.

Executives talked about the need to further improve operations in Europe and South America.

“We’ll restructure as necessary and we’ll be decisive,” Hackett said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm 

I don't think so. Customers who need SUVs or trucks will still go to them as long as they are delivering good customer experiences. Hopefully their workforce is diverse, progressive and not a bunch of doddering old men who've worked there for 30+ years and are still stuck in their old ways.

The average customer buying a vehicle now knows what they want before stepping into a dealer b/c they can research everything online, and when they show up to the dealer, the staff just has to give them reasons to buy from them and provide helpful info. I hope Gallinger is delivering good buying and service experiences so they can keep thriving.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:03 pm 

Gallinger just does not have the volume to be effective
I have honestly walked into there with newspaper ads from other dealers in hand and they can't even match much less beat prices
They are nice and all but why pay more for the same vehicle?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
I don't think so. Customers who need SUVs or trucks will still go to them as long as they are delivering good customer experiences. Hopefully their workforce is diverse, progressive and not a bunch of doddering old men who've worked there for 30+ years and are still stuck in their old ways.

The average customer buying a vehicle now knows what they want before stepping into a dealer b/c they can research everything online, and when they show up to the dealer, the staff just has to give them reasons to buy from them and provide helpful info. I hope Gallinger is delivering good buying and service experiences so they can keep thriving.

In addition most customers are educated on all of the tricks of the trade that somehow the dealers still try to pull....thinking the customers are just a bunch of lemmings. Some dealers are getting with it though and they will be the ones who survive in the long run.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:43 pm 

Derryboy wrote:
AlphaMale wrote:

In addition most customers are educated on all of the tricks of the trade that somehow the dealers still try to pull....thinking the customers are just a bunch of lemmings. Some dealers are getting with it though and they will be the ones who survive in the long run.

I wouldn't say most.