HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:37 pm 

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclu ... ibery/amp/

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm 

This doesn't sway my decision, I'll still vote Conservative. This stuff happens all the time in all environments; we bribe our children, pets and co-workers all the time.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 pm 

If you think there is no bribe, you are just dumb as ever! Tell me where you do not get bribes?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:29 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
This doesn't sway my decision, I'll still vote Conservative. This stuff happens all the time in all environments; we bribe our children, pets and co-workers all the time.

Except this kind of bribe is actually illegal.

I get wanting to vote conservative, but Parm Gill doesn’t seem like a good choice. Unless you hate the gays, of course.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I get wanting to vote conservative, but Parm Gill doesn’t seem like a good choice. Unless you hate the gays, of course.

If you've got a problem with Muslims, Parm is your man too. Very revealing email there, and IF true is proof of a few things.

Carl wrote:
If you think there is no bribe, you are just dumb as ever! Tell me where you do not get bribes?

I know bribery is SOP in most of our source countries, but in this country it's supposed to be still illegal. Let us pretend for a while longer will you?

Last edited by B&T402 on Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:05 pm 

Bombshell ? Maybe. Maybe not. Whoever wrote this complaint sounds pretty angry/ jaded but at Parm's office they are just ignoring this as mud slinging from who knows who.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:55 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclusive-milton-pc-candidate-parm-gill-accused-of-bribery/amp/

Very interesting, but why has the name and signature on that letter been deleted?
As is, this is an anonymous letter that could be written by anyone to frame Gill and therefore holds no credibility whatsoever. Anyway, it was supposedly written in 2016 and only surfaces now? Smells fishy to me. BTW, I haven't decided as yet whether to vote for him or not but this latest news will not change my mind one way or the other.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 pm 

Oh man, the hypocrisy of some of you is unbelievable. Imagine if it was instead, Indira or whoever the hell our NDP candidate is being exposed for this same thing? Lieing Libtard this, Red Star that. It's actually kind of funny.

The guy's nomination was already shady as anything and now this? This is worse than the MinMaxx guy's Liberal nomination fiasco. Why is Milton only able to attract sketchy candidates?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
I know bribery is SOP in most of our source countries, but in this country it's supposed to be still illegal. Let us pretend for a while longer will you?

Illegal?

you know what the lobby groups does here? It is a nice name for ...........................

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
Oh man, the hypocrisy of some of you is unbelievable. Imagine if it was instead, Indira or whoever the hell our NDP candidate is being exposed for this same thing? Lieing Libtard this, Red Star that. It's actually kind of funny.

The guy's nomination was already shady as anything and now this? This is worse than the MinMaxx guy's Liberal nomination fiasco. Why is Milton only able to attract sketchy candidates?

1000%

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:

What hypocrisy? In Canada everyone is free to vote for whomever they feel is the best candidate. You think the guy is sketchy, then simply don't vote for him.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:20 pm 

All Star wrote:
Greenjp wrote:
https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclusive-milton-pc-candidate-parm-gill-accused-of-bribery/amp/

Very interesting, but why has the name and signature on that letter been deleted?
As is, this is an anonymous letter that could be written by anyone to frame Gill and therefore holds no credibility whatsoever. Anyway, it was supposedly written in 2016 and only surfaces now? Smells fishy to me. BTW, I haven't decided as yet whether to vote for him or not but this latest news will not change my mind one way or the other.
The article states that the fellow nominee Qadri wrote a (the) letter to the party pres complaining about Gill and it was sat on for months then ignored. The name and signature on that letter might have been blanked out b/c Qadri did not give permission to print it. But as they say "the cat is out of the bag". I'm reading this as Gill did this to get Qadri to drop out and support him so he would get all of Qadri's supporters to vote for him.

In case someone hasn't heard the original article now has the audio and transcript added.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 am 

Somehow in the past 3 days the PC party has shown they are more corrupt than the Liberals. It wasn’t easy, but they did it!!

Yeah, let’s vote this amateur hour party in to office. They seem like great leaders. :roll:

It’s too bad really. We needed a dramatic change so, so bad in this province and the party best positioned to do so is screwing it all up so quickly it seems like it’s on purpose. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:13 am 

What's too bad is that we seem to have been reduced to having to choose a party to vote for and not who we think is the best candidate to represent us (eons ago when I was still in school we were taught that this was how you decided who to vote for). The way it is now the party puts forth a candidate they think will appeal to the most voters not based on their ideals but more of a popularity contest. I really don't see a need to have ridings and candidates anymore since they aren't allowed individual thought and are forced to vote the party line or be turfed. So why not get rid of all MPPs and simply have us vote for the leader directly then he (or she or it or they or whatever the politically correct non-gender specific term is) and the party executive can run things as they see fit. It is essentially that way now but with all the added cost of paying button pushers (MPPs) to "represent" us.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:30 am 

Yeah it sucks.

We could go the USA way - you pick your local representative but also the overall leader. Sadly even when promised, electoral reform is scrapped. Thanks, Justin :roll: