HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 am 

Well Ford is already looking out for the family

Sister in Law has THIRD drunk driving offence + collision and gets off with just a warning
lol
Care to bet anyone else would have gotten prison for this?
The $1,000 fine is less than what most of us would get for using a cell phone (I also have to die laughing at the argument she is "poor" since she has city pension funds)

An agreed statement of facts indicated she was turning into an LCBO parking lot on Dec. 28 when her vehicle “rubbed up against” a parked vehicle.

After being helped from her vehicle by witnesses, and asking them not to call the police, Ford tried to buy a bottle of wine at the LCBO but was denied service, court heard.

She failed a breathalyzer test and two hours later, she registered blood alcohol readings of double the legal limit.

“I just want to say that I’m truly sorry for my actions,” said Ford.
Morris described Ford as a single mom of two and widow with “limited means,” whose only income is her late husband’s municipal pension.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:55 am 

Who cares.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:59 am 

That's a huge leap (and a pretty irresponsible one) to say the new Premier had anything to do with her sentencing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 am 

OMG. "Ford abusing office". So I guess you think Ford or someone on this staff contacted the judge and asked for a favour, maybe in trade for another favour ???

Or maybe Doug Ford entered the judges house at night and left a horses head in his / her bed :roll:

Personally, I think he left the head, and that he did it himself :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:06 am 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
OMG. "Ford abusing office". So I guess you think Ford or someone on this staff contacted the judge and asked for a favour, maybe in trade for another favour ???

Or maybe Doug Ford entered the judges house at night and left a horses head in his / her bed :roll:

Hyuk!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:20 am 

Hodor wrote:

Hyuk!

Well. It worked in the Godfather movie. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 am 

So Minty, assuming you're onto something here (doubtful), which Ford family opera story would you like to believe? If she's suing him for mishandling his brother's estate, would he be doing this also? Doesn't seem like he would do both, what's his motive?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 am 

The Fords have been shysters for 30+ years. This is not new.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am 

It's stupid to think Ford had anything to do with this judges decision. But, like this foolish accusation, the radical and activist left plans to fight every move Ford makes and make up stupid stories like this one which IMO could improve support for Ford.

Unfortunately any good lawyer can get the same results that Renata got. This clown I know got his 3rd offence driving over the limit and he had no high paid lawyer. All he got was 8 weekends in a halfway house with a TV and a buffet in a rec room. He showed up to this place on Friday's after work and left Sunday late afternoon. He pleaded that he had to look after his father which was only partially true. I would have preferred he got 30 to 90 days in jail because he had no dependants, it would have given him the opportunity to sober up, and time to reflect on his stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:24 am 

It's stupid to think Ford had anything to do with this judges decision. But, like this foolish accusation, the radical and activist left plans to fight every move Ford makes and make up stupid stories like this one which IMO could improve support for Ford.

Unfortunately any good lawyer can get the same results that Renata got. This clown I know got his 3rd offence driving over the limit and he had no high paid lawyer. All he got was 8 weekends in a halfway house with a TV and a buffet in a rec room. He showed up to this place on Friday's after work and left Sunday late afternoon. He pleaded that he had to look after his father which was only partially true. I would have preferred he got 30 to 90 days in jail because he had no dependants, it would have given him the opportunity to sober up, and time to reflect on his stupidity.

:roll: You’re turning a silly Mr Peppermint “fake news” report into a partisan political battle.

Give it a rest, already. :roll:

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 am 

^ Poor little hodor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:10 pm 

...But, like this foolish accusation, the radical and activist left plans to fight every move Ford makes and make up stupid stories like this one which IMO could improve support for Ford...

Why can't you take this for what it is; a ridiculous accusation with absolutely no facts to support it. It would be far more useful than drawing everyone who has a different political point of view than you into some kind of imaginary conspiracy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:31 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
...But, like this foolish accusation, the radical and activist left plans to fight every move Ford makes and make up stupid stories like this one which IMO could improve support for Ford...

Why can't you take this for what it is; a ridiculous accusation with absolutely no facts to support it. It would be far more useful than drawing everyone who has a different political point of view than you into some kind of imaginary conspiracy.

Huh. I just said what you just said. We agree. Relax.

But you are confused. This has nothing to do with any political opinion or leaning. My thoughts on the matter would be the same if it involved Horwath, Wynne, or Ford.

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:40 pm 

Anybody think that maybe someone else, with clout, is passing on an owed favor posthumously for Rob, looking out for his family perhaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:06 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Anybody think that maybe someone else, with clout, is passing on an owed favor posthumously for Rob, looking out for his family perhaps.

The OP's assetion may make sense if the sentence she got was unusually lax but many 3rd time offenders get similar sentences, especially when kids are involved. As a society we are not tough on this crime.