HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pool Recomedation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm 

- thinking of getting a inground pool fibreglass , small pool approx. 10 by 20 feet
anyone here recently get an inground pool recently, and who did you use
thanks

Post subject: Re: Pool Recomedation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm 

We installed ours four year ago now. We researched both fibreglass and concrete/liner. We landed on an inground liner pool. If you are set on a fibreglass pool I cannot offer you any real advice, if you are looking for a liner pool I can offer some recomendations.

We did have Simply Pools and Leisure Pools come by for an estimate on a fibreglass pool and landscaping but that is where our journey ended. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 pm 

thanks for info...had one person come over and our quote was 40000..
not sure if that's the going rate
Dan Drmanic wrote:
We installed ours four year ago now. We researched both fibreglass and concrete/liner. We landed on an inground liner pool. If you are set on a fibreglass pool I cannot offer you any real advice, if you are looking for a liner pool I can offer some recomendations.

We did have Simply Pools and Leisure Pools come by for an estimate on a fibreglass pool and landscaping but that is where our journey ended. Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 pm 

They are not cheap that’s for sure. For such an investment I would highly encourage you to get multiple quotes and multiple opinions as this is not cheap. We had 6 companies come and give us a quote and opinion on the look of the project. Landscaping is what could double the 40k price tag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm 

When we had our in ground 18' x 36' pool, cement with vinyl liner plus cement deck around pool put in 30 years ago, it was $7,700. Now $40,000 for a 10' x 20'? Wow!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am 

When we were shopping pools, my initial goal was to get a fiberglass pool too. But after a ton of research, it became clear a liner pool was the better option. Fiberglass just isn't for the Canadian weather. It has a chance (not massive) of literally popping up from the ground in extreme cold temperatures. Make your choice on your own research/opinion, but do be careful.

As others have mentioned, get multiple quotes before moving forward. Also remember, cheapest isn't always best.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:12 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
When we were shopping pools, my initial goal was to get a fiberglass pool too. But after a ton of research, it became clear a liner pool was the better option. Fiberglass just isn't for the Canadian weather.

I agree. A liner pool with metal walls is the best and will last the longest.

A very high quality installation is very important.

The pool at our home was probably installed in the early 80's.

Yes, it has had a few new liners and other fittings but it looks like new. There is no way in hell that a fiberglass pool could last that long.

As far as supplies go for the pool - we like Cannonball Pools on Nipissing here in town. They will not load you up with expensive pool chemicals that you do not need like some other places do.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:22 am 

[quote="Halton Home Inspector”]The pool at our home was probably installed in the early 80's.

Yes, it has had a few new liners and other fittings but it looks like new. There is no way in hell that a fiberglass pool could last that long.
[/quote]

:lol: of course it could.