HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:16 am 

WTF?!?!? WOW!!

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-2-inju ... -1.4081248

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... -stabbing/

Looks like Milton is now a big city... gone are the days of the innocent town i know

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:12 pm 

Same school that had a teacher arrested last year for alleged sexual assault of minors.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 pm 

I notice it says "several weapons offences" and he was arrested for "another unrelated matter" at first

But hey release him to parents custody
Its the Libtard way
Bang up job people!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 pm 

denti wrote:
WTF?!?!? WOW!!

Looks like Milton is now a big city... gone are the days of the innocent town i know

When were those good ol' innocent days? According to this article, crime was 5 times higher in the 80s. I know it's all of Halton but surely Oakville wasn't to blame for all that crime back then.

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... ince-1974/

One fight between a couple of tweens doesn't mean the whole town is a cesspool.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
denti wrote:
WTF?!?!? WOW!!

When were those good ol' innocent days? According to this article, crime was 5 times higher in the 80s. I know it's all of Halton but surely Oakville wasn't to blame for all that crime back then.

One fight between a couple of tweens doesn't mean the whole town is a cesspool.

The good old days were when there was no internet so you wouldn’t even know this sh*t happened. But we also didn’t have NFL RedZone back then either so it was a terrible time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 am 

Groundbreaking wrote:
denti wrote:
WTF?!?!? WOW!!

Those articles about crime rate are such click bait
Funny everyone knows stats can be spun anyway you want yet try to quote articles like that

There also was one posted that shows the Territories have some insane number (like 3000 times) the violent crime rate of downtown Toronto (despite the number of shootings this year, well on pace for a banner year)

As to the above article, crime rate is 5 times higher "with population factors" which is such nonsense*

They state:
"Violent crime in Halton increased 4.1 per cent to 1,973 incidents in 2015, an adjusted increase of just 1.6 per cent when the population increase is factored in."

*Think about this logically for a minute
The claim is that increase population spreads out these crime
EG in detailed report, Year 1 has 1 murder
Year 2 has 3 murders
So they are claiming the rate is being offset by our areas massive population growth (not that police are any better, not that crime is actually decreasing, but that the fastest growing population rate in Canada is outpacing a moderate crime rate increase lol)
I would be TERRIFIED if any city anywhere had a crime rate increase of that magnitude. We would look like Detroit in 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 pm 

Wow, I stand corrected. Someone can really be that dense.

So what you're saying is math "is such nonsense"? Good news, I hear Doug Ford is fixing that along with the health curriculum.

Watch out folks, fake math is such clickbait!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:43 am 

Groundbreaking wrote:
Wow, I stand corrected. Someone can really be that dense.

Anyone who tries to claim the 80s were lawless and our crime rates today have decreased is quite the fool
The only thing that has really changed are the types of crimes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:29 am 

My 9 year daughter and 11 year old son saw it, my neighbour was involved with the police to calm things down and her husband was is a cop helped in hunting down the asshat grade 9 kid the did it.

This was a beef that started LAST school year and continued over summer break via social media. The morning that it happened, the kid from the high school sent a message via social media to these kids that they were "coming to get them" today. So this little grade 9 sh*t, thought about it all day long, went home, got a knife, then went to the middle school and knifed this kid IN FRONT OF HIS FATHER as he was picking him up from school.

There's not a damn thing liberals, conservatives, or any school official could have done because the kids didn't tell anyone that this message was sent. If the kids don't say sh*t, nothing will get done.

All this bullshit blaming political parties is UTTER sh*t. Get your heads out of your asses.

My kids were personally effected and sought help from the counselors that were at the school the next day, so unless you've touched the situation, you really don't know what happened.

The police have been in constant contact with the new school principal and they are NOT letting this slide - they are continuing to push as much as they can, with the limits of the Juvi system, which was in place WAY before any of the current parties were in power. The release to the parents is regular practice because of our Juvi system.

The only thing that matters here is this kid was and is f*** in the head and needs to be dealt with - If I were his father, I would have said to leave him in jail for the night at least. You wanna commit adult crimes? Do the adult time then. Think you so f****** tough - I want him dealt with so hard, but our young offender system won't smack him as hard as it should - and that has NOTHING to do with any current political party, nor has it been a platform for ANY current party to reform...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:10 pm 

The willingness to punish children as though they are adults is a very so-con thing to do.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:41 pm 

Deep wrote:
The only thing that matters here is this kid was and is f*** in the head and needs to be dealt with - If I were his father, I would have said to leave him in jail for the night at least. You wanna commit adult crimes? Do the adult time then. Think you so f****** tough - I want him dealt with so hard, but our young offender system won't smack him as hard as it should - and that has NOTHING to do with any current political party, nor has it been a platform for ANY current party to reform...

Totally agree with you. The whole judicial system in this country, not only the Young Offender's Act, is nothing but a farce and a joke, especially when violent crimes are involved. Unfortunately, none of our present elected officials have the balls to take the judiciary on and attempt to reform the system.

Hopefully, the juvenile court will order a complete and thorough investigation into this 13 yr. old kid's life and family, especially his parents, because in most cases (unless the child suffers from some type of mental illness or psychosis) the kids learn to use violent behavior to vent their anger or frustration by emulating what they first observe taking place in their own homes. Another huge factor which compounds and is responsible for much of the social problems these days can be directly attributed to the main stream and social media and their constant and daily bombardment of violence and negative propaganda which has the effect of slowly damaging and brainwashing one's mind, especially that of young, immature and impressionable kids.

Gone are the days when society valued and demanded respect for authority and the rule of law; when schools and most parents taught kids how to build strength of character rather than how to take shortcuts in life and win at all costs. But especially, and most importantly, to respect and value their life as well as the life of others. In essence, teach and nurture them to behave as a civilized human being instead of capitulating to the laws of the jungle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:52 pm 

Ummm, those days aren’t “gone.”

Most (like a ridiculously overwhelming majority) people really do try to teach their kids how to be respectful, productive, empathetic members of society. Maybe you’re just hanging with the wrong crowd?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:05 am 

All Star wrote:
Totally agree with you. The whole judicial system in this country, not only the Young Offender's Act, is nothing but a farce and a joke, especially when violent crimes are involved. Unfortunately, none of our present elected officials have the balls to take the judiciary on and attempt to reform the system.

YOA certainly has a place in the system but it should be more for stuff like shoplifting or defamation

Violent crimes involving weapons? I don't think so unless he can prove some sort of self defence

Hodor wrote:
Maybe you’re just hanging with the wrong crowd?

You are racist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:51 am 

What part of "hanging with the wrong crowd?" = racist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:05 am 

Greenjp wrote:
What part of "hanging with the wrong crowd?" = racist

He’s right. I assumed white people, but those of poor character can come from all walks of life. I’ll have to try to be more aware of my prejudices.