HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:02 pm 

eeninety wrote:
^^ seriously? You don't care if muslim jihadists get together to discuss terrorism in Canada? LOL good thing the RCMP doesn't think like you. Pretty sure Goldy doesn't want to carry out terror plots lol.

That’s right. I personally don’t care BECAUSE the RCMP/CSIS/whoever does. It’s their job. It’s not my or Faith Goldys job to do anything about it. In fact, does she even have a job?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:24 pm 

Allright. I'll play. By your logic then, you wouldn't care if you overheard your neighbours talking about raping and kidnapping a young girl, you wouldn't care if you saw a toddler left in a smoking hot car, you wouldn't care to intervene in something you morally oppose, because it's not your job.

I get that you're trying to be very sarcastically intelligent on this forum, while trying to exude an air of superiority- but I would really critically think through some of the stuff that you post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:51 pm 

eeninety wrote:
Allright. I'll play. By your logic then, you wouldn't care if you overheard your neighbours talking about raping and kidnapping a young girl, you wouldn't care if you saw a toddler left in a smoking hot car, you wouldn't care to intervene in something you morally oppose, because it's not your job.

I get that you're trying to be very sarcastically intelligent on this forum, while trying to exude an air of superiority- but I would really critically think through some of the stuff that you post.

No, that’s your logic. I’d care, I just wouldn’t make a video and post it on the internet.

You can disagree with me - it’s fine and many do! But let’s keep the mudslinging to a minimum. I like to reserve that for shawnkass.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm 

Hodor wrote:
In fact, does she even have a job?

Great point Hodor, I hadn't thought of that. Looking her up, just like a lot of millennials she does not appear to be traditionally employed. She doesn't have a Gestapo HR department taking up real estate in her mind, obviously.

Not stumping for this chick by any means, she's chosen a pointless path here, embracing extremes and not spending enough time on truly large-scale important issues that everybody should care about. She scares moderates away from condemning radicals and the reform of Islam, and more importantly scares guilt-ridden self-loathing liberals and the mainstream media - who should be passionate about human rights - into either silence or apologism. It's the kids growing up in this climate we should all be worried about, but no let's all just go along and get along, stay employed and play "nice" out of moral cowardice. This does not work, it is the reason things have gotten as they are, the reason for polarized partisan politicians and other authorities to capture people's minds, and it stands to get much worse if we can't find the centre again.

Administrator: I hereby authorize that the off-topic bits of this election thread be split into a separate thread. I don't want any dumb-dumbs to think there is an intended connection to the second topic and Milton Municipal politics. I blame that motorcycle gonna crash eenty guy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:08 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
In fact, does she even have a job?

Great point Hodor, I hadn't thought of that. Looking her up, just like a lot of millennials she does not appear to be traditionally employed. She doesn't have a Gestapo HR department taking up real estate in her mind, obviously.

Not stumping for this chick by any means, she's chosen a pointless path here, rushing to extremes and not spending enough time on truly large-scale important issues that everybody should care about. She scares moderates away from condemning radicals and the reform of Islam, and more importantly scares guilt-ridden self-loathing liberals and the mainstream media - who should be passionate about human rights - into either silence or apologism. It's the kids growing up in this climate we should all be worried about, but no let's all just go along and get along, stay employed and play "nice" out of moral cowardice. This does not work, it is the reason things have gotten as they are, the reason for polarized partisan politicians and other authorities to capture people's minds, and it stands to get much worse if we can't find the centre again.

Administrator: I hereby authorize that the off-topic bits of this election thread be split into a separate thread. I don't want any dumb-dumbs to think there is an intended connection to the second topic and Milton Municipal politics. I blame that motorcycle gonna crash eenty guy.
I'll just delete the whole damn thread at midnight Oct 22 2018.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:27 pm 

Skirting - slash - making my point.