HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Metrolinx/GO Expansion
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:54 am 

"With this round of changes there will be eight per cent more GO train service than a year ago. That includes 84 more GO train trips each week on the Lakeshore East, Lakeshore West and Kitchener lines and 65 extended trips on the Lakeshore West, Kitchener and Stouffville lines." What...what? Nothing for Milton? Partial express and late trains for Kitchener, and later evening service during weekdays on the Town line. Milton? Nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 am 

you might as wait for that costco in milton to show up as that'll happen before we get more train service here

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:41 pm 

i'll quote myself from 10 years ago... nothing has changed from my original statement

http://hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21199&hilit=transit
Quote:
I have answered this a few times in the past but i can't seem to find the posts, so i am going to be short....

GO Transit currently do not have all day service in Milton for a few reasons.
The line is owed by CP Rail. They like there freight service, and do not like the idea of GO trains all day. Basic reason is, the Government regulates the track traffic, and they can not "fit" GO trains in during the day.
If they were going to offer all day train service; They would have give up a lot of freight service and or the Government could let up on the regulations

To have all day train service they need a minimum of three tracks (and right now they have 80% 2 tracks) to Toronto. To do this, they will need to re-build / retrofit three bridge along the way. I have been told by a very good source that it will take them 15 years to build the bridges and tracks necessary to provide all day train service. And that is 15 years from when they start, not from now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:56 pm 

In addition the Go bus route route for students traveling from Milton to Sheridan College in Oakville was cancelled in the spring leaving new students without an option.