HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:40 am 

Sorry to say - but if you are not socially distancing yourself from people you do not live with OR if you are out and about after returning home to Canada with that tell-tail tan - then Halton Regional Police want to know and they will be more than happy to slap you, or all of you with $1000. to $5000. fines.

They can be reached at 905 878 5511.

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:51 am 

Better to call the published Halton line to report groups greater than 5 or non social distances is 9058254722

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 pm 

^^^ Either number is good as long as it's an active violation to be reported. Then they can scoot out and bust them. Thanks though,,,, I'll make a note of that number as well.

As well, bi-law enforcement has additional powers now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:28 pm 

Snitches get stitches

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:37 pm 

Stupid comment. Grow up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:20 am 

Protest groups popping up across Canada to protest unlawful orders
Big one in BC on weekend
https://twitter.com/DanDicksPFT/status/ ... 7404363776

#endthelockdown is trending on Twitter now

You guys can cower inside your basements but has anyone here even heard of a non-senior getting seriously ill yet? (According to Canada stats its less than 10%)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:21 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Protest groups popping up across Canada to protest unlawful orders
Big one in BC on weekend
https://twitter.com/DanDicksPFT/status/ ... 7404363776

#endthelockdown is trending on Twitter now

You guys can cower inside your basements but has anyone here even heard of a non-senior getting seriously ill yet? (According to Canada stats its less than 10%)

"Unlawful orders", "Big" protest, "anyone here even heard of a non-senior getting seriously ill yet?".

I would agree that the longer this goes on the more testy that our population will get. But the only way restrictions will be reduced is if we continue to self distance.

AND, there are some pretty stupid tickets being handed out.

BUT, the "unlawful orders" are lawful. The "big" protest included about 20 people, and yes, a local man under 60 died in Milton.

I know a top health safety guy. He used to work with Red Cross. He is now consulting and very busy. He told me that if we all properly self distanced from each other then this whole thing would be over in 45 days. That is provided we strongly enforce self isolation for people entering the country.

I understand why in Vancouver people may be protesting to regain access to their beautiful beachfront parks for example as long as while they protest they don't huddle together like self aggrandising fools. That said - the last thing BC needs is for thousands of pent-up people showing up at prematurely re-opened parks.

In the end self distancing has worked. The whole idea was to ensure that our health care systems were not overwhelmed. That worked. Now we need to continue so we can control the virus to the point where stores and businesses can re-open with restrictions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:04 am 

I love stupid people like them. They know more than the experts who have spent their lives studying issues like this. Gotta love the confidence they have.

As for people under 60 dying, I know over 100 doctors in Italy died and something like 20% of those who have died in the US have been health care workers. If that kind of information doesn't cause you to stop, re-think your narrow minded, selfish ideas nothing will.

HHI, you are right. The better we do this distancing thing, the quicker we can end all of this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:33 pm 

So I guess peppe le pew feels open up the economy as long as over only 60s dies. What a dick.
What’s happening in long term care homes is heartbreaking. Sounds like opening the economy is what a trump state republican would suggest. You have a dark heart “peppermint “ . People are dying and all you care about is yourself. Go back into your hole.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:15 pm 

Anyone who flippantly says snitches get snitches shows their real colours. Heartless in the cause of preventing the expansion of this deadly virus. No expression of humanity. Go back into your hole Pepe aka peppermint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:57 am 

Notl wrote:
Anyone who flippantly says snitches get snitches shows their real colours. Heartless in the cause of preventing the expansion of this deadly virus. No expression of humanity. Go back into your hole Pepe aka peppermint.

Anyone who says the quarantine "prevents" covid somehow has no clue

The entire point of the quarantine is to have a more gradual intake of cases so as to not crush the hospital systems

Newsflash for you; the majority of Canadian WILL get this disease

Social distancing and quarantine will not in any way prevent the disease

The vast majority of cases will be symptom free so spread will keep on happening

And even after a vaccine is created; fully 1 in 3 Canadians do NOT get things like flu shots
Viruses in general tend to mutate so a 1 size fits all vaccine will never be effective (you haven't figured that out yet? Not even with yearly inoculations against flu and top up shots against more serious things like tetanus)

I know you are trolling because you are bored and all but nothing you have posted is even remotely true
Its kinda funny you are so bored you replied to the same post 3 times on a message board with like 5 people

PS
Super Funny Story from last night
I was walking along Mill Pond area and some idiot woman actually JUMPED off sidewalk and INTO traffic!
Pickup slams brakes on and horns her
She is all passive aggressive "dont you know other people need to use sidewalk too"
I thought it was quite funny that people in town get so terrified of a potential covid carrier that (somehow) they think getting hit by a truck is the safer solution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:44 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
PS
Super Funny Story from last night
I was walking along Mill Pond area and some idiot woman actually JUMPED off sidewalk and INTO traffic!
Pickup slams brakes on and horns her
She is all passive aggressive "dont you know other people need to use sidewalk too"
I thought it was quite funny that people in town get so terrified of a potential covid carrier that (somehow) they think getting hit by a truck is the safer solution

Sorry which part of that great tale was Super Funny or even funny for that matter?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 pm 

Yup, not funny. Especially as it sounds like Pepe wouldn’t move over to one side to alleviate the concern of another human being. You are a real piece of work Pepe le pew.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:13 am 

"Wikipedia - Bullying is the use of force, coercion, or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate. The behavior is often repeated and habitual."

Only one time in my life did I need to be physically aggressive. In grade ten the school bully, who used to slander, insult and push many people around, decided to pester me and a couple friends at the end of the school day. He did this for about a week. Then one day he pushed me into the fence, and then he did it again. I smashed him hard in the face with a closed fist and ( lucky for me ) blood started drooling down his mouth. He stood there like a cowering evil child, pulled his shirt up over his bleeding mouth and walked away. I was told that he needed to have stitches inside his mouth. He was not to be seen for a few days and news of this cowards suddenly revealed weakness swirled around the school. A few days later, there he was, back at school. Thank goodness he ignored me but it was also clear, that he was a changed coward, a quiet shadow of his former self.

I learned that the only way to dial back a bullies aggression is to fight back.

We all know that China has been bullying Canada and we are not alone.

And now - David Mulroney - ( no relation to a former prime minister ) Distinguished Senior Fellow, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, and former Ambassador of Canada to the People’s Republic of China - are warning that the Liberal government’s recent silence on China could reinforce the country’s increasingly belligerent actions on the world stage.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/liberal-governments-almost-humiliating-posture-toward-china-a-missed-opportunity-former-top-diplomat/ar-BB12Krek?ocid=spartandhp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:06 am 

The issue with China is that we rarely coordinate our efforts and support each other against China. The bully analogy is a reasonable but that's world politics. The US is probably the biggest bully in the world and even more so with Trump. It's when countries support one another, even when there isn't a direct interest for me that we can deal with China, etc. OPEC, UN, G7, ASEAN are some examples that aren't perfect but have been set up for that very reason.

When China arrested 2 Canadians the whole world, including China, knew it was for made up charges and was retaliation for Meng Wangzhou but no else in the world supported us. But, Sweden went through a similar thing before us and we didn't support them. Other countries have tried to deal with China themselves but get squashed because we don't help each other. We have to be willing to take a small financial hit to help other countries if we want to be able to stop some of he horrible and even less horrible bullying China does. We love our cheap Amazon stuff much too much to do that it seems.