HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:23 pm 

Quote:
Can the administration at the holding schools do their best to keep the kids from Area 3A/3B in the same class for each grade so that they can at least move together when they are uprooted each time? Ans – this is very doable

That is a really good idea.
What grades are the Percy Merry kids in now? Do you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:32 pm 

not sure about the grades... i don't remember, but i think she said ~5 kids in grades 5 thru 8. Scott said he would look into it. i'm sure they can stay on optional attendance, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:37 pm 

I think the time has come for a protest. The excuses from the politicians are not good enough.

How can the city allow Mattamy to build houses without properly planning for the schools. Is there something the tax payers dont know about ?

I will be paying a huge property tax bill very soon but my kids dont have a decent school.

I am not going to allow my kids to be hauled from one school to another. :x

Probably will sell my home and move back to mississauga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:40 pm 

daycaremom wrote:
Quote:
Can the administration at the holding schools do their best to keep the kids from Area 3A/3B in the same class for each grade so that they can at least move together when they are uprooted each time? Ans – this is very doable

That is a really good idea.

that was my husbands idea :) but he also suggested we blow up the Conservatory Group's head office.... so all his ideas are not good :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:51 pm 

I did suggest to Yaw that they look into capping BT and Hadfield the same as Hawthorne is (900 FTE).
After the cap has been reached, any future registrations would go to #5 rather than the Coates kids and cutting out one move for them. Coates kids could then remain at BT and Hadfield until #4 is opened.
That will only affect people that are not here yet and they will only get one move. I don't think one move is something that people can complain about given the current situation Milton is in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:15 pm 
I do remember seeing an article in the Champion about the town council giving mattamy 'special' permission to build more homes even though they didn't have enough water/sewage capacity. Basically they gave Mattamy an advance (to the best of my understanding). This made me raise an eyebrow. I do realize Mattamy gives a lot to the town, but if the town keeps giving special priviledges to Mattamy, we're going to have other builders wanting the same and this only contributes to the problem of too many homes too fast. I'm all for growth, and welcome it, the town just doesn't seem to get that they need to pace themselves otherwise we run into the current problem listed on this thread. Am I way off on my thinking here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:21 pm 

Your'e not way off. I think you are right on.
But, I think the property in question is out in the escarpment area (?) and there are two schools planned for there that will be opening in 2009. That still will not be enough for that area though.
The night I was at Town Council, Fieldgate was talking about 600 homes in one section of that area. They are just one builder out there (and not the largest). I think those two schools are going to be filled before they open. I bet we need four out there. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:23 pm 

Just spoke to some planning lady in the city of Milton. She is blaming the school board.

Then I called the school board and spoke to a member and they explained the whole issue.

Its the city's fault. The builder will look after its own business but the city should look after the interest of the Citizens, which they are not.

Time to put pressure on the city and the politicians. :x

Last edited by luvthegame on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:31 pm 

What is our councilman doing about this situation ?

Someone at city hall should be held responsible for this fiasco. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:37 pm 

Unfortunately, what's done is done and there is no undoing it.

We really need LOTS of parents attending the Town council/planning meetings to protest any more homes being built. I think that would get us some results. Even Colin said that last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:55 pm 

i totally agree with Heather's last post (and you thought it would never happen :wink: )

we need to let the town councillors know that they need to at least slow down home construction until the infastructure (esp schools) can catch up. and in the case of Coates - they need to SUSPEND new home construction in the area enclosed by Thompson / Derry / Louis St. Laurent & Reg Rd 25 until the OMB dispute over the #4 school site is settled and the School Board has possesion of the site. Anything else would be irresponsible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:48 pm 

daycaremom wrote:
Unfortunately, what's done is done and there is no undoing it.

We really need LOTS of parents attending the Town council/planning meetings to protest any more homes being built. I think that would get us some results. Even Colin said that last night.

Trust me all the protest will not do any good.

The city hall politicians have special relationships with the builders. They dont care about the taxpyers. :x

I am thinking of moving back to Mississauga in fall 08. At least Hazel fights for her citizens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:18 pm 

i am not so pesimistic. at least 2 councilors agree with this idea ( i have seen them vote against developers) and more are being swayed. come out to the next Planning Committee town council meeting and make your point. if you don't , you can't expect change. :)

i feel like i'm on one of those "don't let others speak for you" infomercials :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 pm 
Maybe a new thread should be started that keeps us informed of upcoming town council meetings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:47 pm 

I think we have enough people following this thread that we should post the meetings here, but it wouldn't hurt to have two spots to make sure we don't miss anyone who might be willing to help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next