HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 am 

lylesback2 wrote:
ssqmm wrote:
Bad news folks.. just received another delay notice this morning. My new firm closing date is now March 3, 2016. I'm surprised that it has been delayed by 2 months. I was expecting it to be no more than a month based on how things were going.

Wish you guys better luck.

Actually, that's a good sign.

I don't think anyone is closing in January. The earliest closing date is in February from what i've seen, but those are for people who were originally closing in September.

Since you were closing in January, being pushed back to March 3rd is okay. That's less than your second tentative closing date - which is probably April sometime - so that means you're house will close in March.

I was pushed back from mid-December -> March 2nd.

As stated, this is my second delay. My original closing was in September then got pushed to January, and now it is March.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 am 

ssqmm wrote:
lylesback2 wrote:
ssqmm wrote:
Bad news folks.. just received another delay notice this morning. My new firm closing date is now March 3, 2016. I'm surprised that it has been delayed by 2 months. I was expecting it to be no more than a month based on how things were going.

I don't think anyone is closing in January. The earliest closing date is in February from what i've seen, but those are for people who were originally closing in September.

Since you were closing in January, being pushed back to March 3rd is okay. That's less than your second tentative closing date - which is probably April sometime - so that means you're house will close in March.

As stated, this is my second delay. My original closing was in September then got pushed to January, and now it is March.

oh no . i was closing on jan 28. i guess i will be delayed too and guess i will be in march too.
my third closing is may 2016/ ,, so oct 1 to jan 28, and another delay to march ...i was hoping they would do on time !!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:30 pm 

ssqmm wrote:
lylesback2 wrote:
ssqmm wrote:

At what stage is your house construction now? Have they started it at all?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:41 pm 

mine also will be on Jan 28 2015 closing lets see what happens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm 

excited wrote:
lylesback2 wrote:
ssqmm wrote:

At what stage is your house construction now? Have they started it at all?

They had finished the foundation over a week ago. I think they put in my porch and steps last week. I saw bunch of wood framing sitting next to my lot so I would assume they would get started on the first floor this week. My neighbour's house's framing is pretty much done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:54 pm 

With all that done, you would have assumed they'd be on track with the construction.
It makes me angry how they lost all the summer when they could have progressed so much more than in winter :@

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:22 pm 

Hi everyone
Sorry I'm new to this. Are these delays on detached or town homes?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:07 am 

Unfortunately I have also received a second closing delay notice as well.
My adjusted closing date of January 7th has been moved to a firm closing date March 30th.
This is really starting to bother me as it looks like the bulk of my construction will now be done during the winter and who know what that will turn out to be...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:11 am 

BGomes wrote:
Unfortunately I have also received a second closing delay notice as well.
My adjusted closing date of January 7th has been moved to a firm closing date March 30th.
This is really starting to bother me as it looks like the bulk of my construction will now be done during the winter and who know what that will turn out to be...

this may be mean that those who were closing on November and was adjusted to March *may now* receive another delay to May/June closing :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:27 am 

I really hope that doesn't happen. My closing was moved from November to March. I hope there isn't another delay...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 am 

just got a call to book an appointment for my pre-construction meeting. Any one have an idea if they hold off on constructing the house until this appointment is done? Is this just an overview and re-confirmation of the upgrades I selected in the beginning?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm 

ssqmm wrote:
just got a call to book an appointment for my pre-construction meeting. Any one have an idea if they hold off on constructing the house until this appointment is done? Is this just an overview and re-confirmation of the upgrades I selected in the beginning?

I have my pre construction meeting Friday oct 9
Its another dance and dodge its nothing important . as you can see your home during framewalk anyways
I am going for the fun factor specially now knowing that I am facing another delay
The pre con meeting has nothing to do with the house built process

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 pm 

Pls let us know how the meeting goes and what happens during the meeting. From what I read it is done between 9-4 during the day and would need to take time off to go. Wondering if it is actually worth it.
Thx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 pm 

just call my CCC and got confirm no second delay, closing day is Jan 13th.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:15 pm 

Wow that's great news!
Do you mind sharing which street you are on just so I have an idea if I am in the same boat..
So I assume you didn't get a Notice which you should have by now if you are to close Jan 13.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 48  Next