HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:27 am 

JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Sorry ravine neighbours
I’ve recently been informed that, contrary to Town of Milton Restoration Framework documents dated August 2015, the trail is supposed to be on our side of the ravine. I’ve called our rep who also confirms this.
Unfortunate but seems to be true despite Diagrams indicating otherwise.
:(

Hi JeepMomma, I drove by there yesterday, they've begun the storm water pond and trail. It looks like the trail is on the other side and runs between the SWM and the ravine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:19 pm 

I spoke to the town and they confirmed that there will be a trail directly behind our houses :( I also noticed the trail being constructed on the other side and asked the town. The man that I spoke too didn't have the paper work with him for the other side (only ours), but said that it's possible that it'll be on both sides.

lacoste3 wrote:
JeepMomma2015 wrote:
Sorry ravine neighbours
I’ve recently been informed that, contrary to Town of Milton Restoration Framework documents dated August 2015, the trail is supposed to be on our side of the ravine. I’ve called our rep who also confirms this.
Unfortunate but seems to be true despite Diagrams indicating otherwise.
:(

Hi JeepMomma, I drove by there yesterday, they've begun the storm water pond and trail. It looks like the trail is on the other side and runs between the SWM and the ravine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:33 pm 

Let's say i'm an optimist, this is the only information I could find regarding the trail (covered under Conservation Halton) in section 7.6
http://www.conservationhalton.ca/uploads/2015_september_24_board_minutes.pdf

The trails are covered under Halton region and not city of Milton. I understand the delays in construction due to the region requiring the channel work to be completed before they issue permits.

THAT the Conservation Halton Board of Directors approve the proposed change to the
regulatory limit associated with the smaller watercourses in the Boyne Survey and Derry
Green area, from 15m from the stable top-of-bank on both sides of the watercourse to
10m from the stable top-of-bank on one side of the watercourse and 10m from the stable
top-of-bank plus another 5m for a trail on the other side of the watercourse.

Carried

The bolded item corresponds to page 63 of the report published... fingers crossed...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:39 pm 

lacoste3 wrote:
Let's say i'm an optimist, this is the only information I could find regarding the trail (covered under Conservation Halton) in section 7.6

The trails are covered under Halton region and not city of Milton. I understand the delays in construction due to the region requiring the channel work to be completed before they issue permits.

THAT the Conservation Halton Board of Directors approve the proposed change to the
regulatory limit associated with the smaller watercourses in the Boyne Survey and Derry
Green area, from 15m from the stable top-of-bank on both sides of the watercourse to
10m from the stable top-of-bank on one side of the watercourse and 10m from the stable

Carried

The bolded item corresponds to page 63 of the report published... fingers crossed...

If we assume that those orange sticks on the ground mark the property boundary of houses along the ravine on Connaught, and that the temporary black fence/mesh is situated at the "top-of-bank" of the ravine, then the buffer distance from the houses to the ravine is 10m for lots 1 to approximately 8/9 along Connaught. However, the ravine curves around past lot 8/9, and therefore have a larger buffer. I'm assuming that the ravine will be straightened as depicted in the Main Sails and Mattamy plans? If we take this assumption, this suggests that the information from Conservation Halton is applicable. Also, the report from the Town of Milton for Mattamy (PD-004-15: Mattamy Framgard FINAL Technical Report.pdf), was dated March 30, 2015, while the document from Conservation Halton is dated as September 24, 2015. This suggests that it supersedes the technical report document from the Town of Milton. In PD-004-15, it indicated that the buffer would be 15m (with trail), and may be the reason why the representatives from both Mattamy and the Town of Milton that Heather contacted, believe that the trail would be on the side of Connaught. However, I don't know why they aren't aware about the Conservation Halton document which approved the Final Restoration Framework and the change to the buffer (from 15m to 10m and trail only on one side).

Also from the town of milton document, PD-030-15:

Watercourse Corridors:
10 metres from the greatest hazard (Regional Storm flood plain or stable
top of bank), except where a trail is planned to be located within the
buffer, I which case an additional 5 metres will be added to the buffer
width and the trail will be located within the outer 5 metre portion of the
buffer in accordance with Schedule “C.10.B”

Therefore, this suggests that since the buffer between Connaught homes and the ravine is only 10m, a trail would not be located behind these lots since the additional 5 metres have not been added.

It is of course still very possible that they may realign the ravine such that there is 15m buffer from the channel to the property line of Connaught lots.

I guess we'll know soon just by observation whether they will indeed place a trail on both sides of the west ravine.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:48 pm 

I REALLY hope that you're right. I'd love to not have a trail directly behind our fence, particularly with the high school at the other end of the trail. It's likely to be a bit busier than the other trails in Milton, with kids walking to and from school. However, I was at the site yesterday and it looks like they've already started building the trail on both our side and other side. :( If anyone is interested in a picture, PM me your e-mail address.

This is one of those times that I really hope I'm wrong ;)

Heather

Whirlwind wrote:
lacoste3 wrote:

Carried

If we assume that those orange sticks on the ground mark the property boundary of houses along the ravine on Connaught, and that the temporary black fence/mesh is situated at the "top-of-bank" of the ravine, then the buffer distance from the houses to the ravine is 10m for lots 1 to approximately 8/9 along Connaught. However, the ravine curves around past lot 8/9, and therefore have a larger buffer. I'm assuming that the ravine will be straightened as depicted in the Main Sails and Mattamy plans? If we take this assumption, this suggests that the information from Conservation Halton is applicable. Also, the report from the Town of Milton for Mattamy (PD-004-15: Mattamy Framgard FINAL Technical Report.pdf), was dated March 30, 2015, while the document from Conservation Halton is dated as September 24, 2015. This suggests that it supersedes the technical report document from the Town of Milton. In PD-004-15, it indicated that the buffer would be 15m (with trail), and may be the reason why the representatives from both Mattamy and the Town of Milton that Heather contacted, believe that the trail would be on the side of Connaught. However, I don't know why they aren't aware about the Conservation Halton document which approved the Final Restoration Framework and the change to the buffer (from 15m to 10m and trail only on one side).

Also from the town of milton document, PD-030-15:

Watercourse Corridors:
10 metres from the greatest hazard (Regional Storm flood plain or stable
top of bank), except where a trail is planned to be located within the
buffer, I which case an additional 5 metres will be added to the buffer
width and the trail will be located within the outer 5 metre portion of the
buffer in accordance with Schedule “C.10.B”

Therefore, this suggests that since the buffer between Connaught homes and the ravine is only 10m, a trail would not be located behind these lots since the additional 5 metres have not been added.

It is of course still very possible that they may realign the ravine such that there is 15m buffer from the channel to the property line of Connaught lots.

I guess we'll know soon just by observation whether they will indeed place a trail on both sides of the west ravine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:59 am 

Any update on ravine trail. I see it is coming upto lot 8.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8