HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:25 pm 

lalexa wrote:
eeninety wrote:
We went on a Saturday last March, drove by the sales office randomly as well and I wanted to see what the crowd was about.. so we stopped and saw that they were selling houses. I thought to myself, hmmm a house might be nice. So I walked through the line and asked for some brochures and was told not to bother waiting in line today.

Went back on Sunday to talk to someone and there were maybe 2 or 3 people milling about.. I walked in to talk to someone about these homes and was told there were 2 or 3 lots left, so we just impulsively bought one of them. Stress-free. Price of the house was great for a 30' lot too.. our same house has gone up over $100k since last March lol..

I think if you buy the day of the big release, in addition to getting first pick on the lot #, there are certain incentives, like so much $ off the purchase price and so much $ towards design upgrades. I'm not sure if you get that if you walk in on a different day. But you can't lose buying after the release either. The prices keep going up, as you said your house has gone up by 100k! And it must be nice to avoid waiting hours in the snow.

When we bought our townhome, we stood outside in January for 14 hours at Rattlesnake waiting for our ticket to be called (I think we got 5K off the purchase price and 5K in upgrades). Then about 2 yrs later, we decided to purchase a detached home Nov 2015 and we waited for about 14 hours again (5K of the purchase price and 10K in upgrades). But at least the second time we got to wait mostly indoors. It sounds like if we had decided to buy earlier, like when you did, we could have avoided lining up and spent less on the house (that is assuming my model was available to purchase when you did in Mar 2015). Oh well! :) it was an experience.

We weren't even thinking of buying a home. Rushed from downtown as our family member waited in line for someone else. Decided to grab a number and showed up the following weekend to see the process. Saw >200 people all lined up and decided to try and get the house that day. Waited all day and still didnt make it to the sales office with ~60 people in front of us at EOD, and most lots sold. The following day we were the first in line after showing up first thing in the morning. Apparently a lot of people were waiting for a larger lot, or had their mind set up on specific location.

Walked away with a great 30' lot in the 1st phase. So far best decision we made, but definitely a stressful one.

Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:21 pm 

We ended up with a good lot, $10K upgrade credit, Oak stairs, 9' ceilings, and hardwood on the main floor and no waiting outside in the cold for 14 hours :cry: ....must of just been pure luck because we hadn't even planned to buy anything up to that point. :mrgreen: Maybe they didn't advertise our phase or send an e-blast?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:12 pm 

HanselMugatu wrote:
We ended up with a good lot, $10K upgrade credit, Oak stairs, 9' ceilings, and hardwood on the main floor and no waiting outside in the cold for 14 hours :cry: ....must of just been pure luck because we hadn't even planned to buy anything up to that point. :mrgreen: Maybe they didn't advertise our phase or send an e-blast?

That's awesome! And I just realized I recognized your name from the Leger Way thread, we're on the same street! :lol: We must have bought around the same time. We think we have a fire break house though so we're closing a bit later than everyone else.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:21 am 

lalexa wrote:
HanselMugatu wrote:

That's awesome! And I just realized I recognized your name from the Leger Way thread, we're on the same street! :lol: We must have bought around the same time. We think we have a fire break house though so we're closing a bit later than everyone else.

Yeah we are on Leger Way as well...we close in Feb, we would prefer to close in June like you because selling in the winter is not ideal, but from what I see it'll be pushed back anyways.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:14 pm 

Redhair wrote:
had been lined up twice but not able to get a single detached house for last month, wondering how your guys here got Mattamy new home? Any trick?

We couldn't make it to the registration for the big release last November, but we were able to purchase our 30' lot the following Saturday. (More lots were released!)

Instead of receiving $5,000 off purchase price (typically offered during a big release), the purchase price went up $5,000 but the incentives remained the same. We visited the Sales Centre at 9 AM, knowing the doors didn't open until 11 AM, but we were already #13 in line. #1 and #2 started lining up at 7 AM...

It looks like there aren't any 30' lots available at the moment, but you can always call the Sales Centre and inquire about the next release. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:27 pm 

eeninety wrote:
We went on a Saturday last March, drove by the sales office randomly as well and I wanted to see what the crowd was about.. so we stopped and saw that they were selling houses. I thought to myself, hmmm a house might be nice. So I walked through the line and asked for some brochures and was told not to bother waiting in line today.

Went back on Sunday to talk to someone and there were maybe 2 or 3 people milling about.. I walked in to talk to someone about these homes and was told there were 2 or 3 lots left, so we just impulsively bought one of them. Stress-free. Price of the house was great for a 30' lot too.. our same house has gone up over $100k since last March lol..

I think the point of lining up is to get a house first of all, and get a specific lot. I lined up for 3 days in 2008 (first in line) because we wanted a specific lot. 1 day after purchase my house went up $50k based on Mattamy pricing. My house was appraised by the bank last year well over a million...not bad for 3 days of lining up...Stress-free as well because our group was very reasonable...people came and left as they pleased...our rule was you could leave for 3-5hrs but someone had to be back for over night...I think it was a great experience because the neighbourhood gets along...we usually have 3-4 street parties a year...our New Years neighbourhood party is next...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:47 pm 

Anyone know the starting cost last release how much 30 lot detached houses were?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:47 pm 

drewskurz wrote:
Anyone know the starting cost last release how much 30 lot detached houses were?

Back in May, the Elmvale was starting at $590,990.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:24 pm 

drewskurz wrote:

Mattamy emailed some info for brampton just to give you an idea of what pricing would look like for Milton.:

Quote:

Only 4 Beautiful Detached Homes Available In Brampton This Saturday at 11am!

Move In Spring 2017!

Now has never been a better time to get into our highly sought after Mount Pleasant North Community. Only 4 thoughtfully designed detached homes will be available to purchase this Saturday. Buy now and recieve a $10,000 credit to spend in our Mattamy Design Studio to personalize your new home the way you want. Take advantage of our early closings and move in Spring 2017.
Detached Homes starting from $716,990
30' Home, The Renfrew, Elevation C, 1874-sq.ft.
30' Home, The Trenton, Elevation B, 2070-sq.ft.

Also Mattamy website for hawthorne village has been updated with
Quote:
COMING SOON - EARLY 2017. NEW RELEASE OF DETACHED HOMES. REGISTER TODAY FOR UPDATES.

http://mattamyhomes.com/gta/communities/milton-hawthorne-south-village.aspx

Current closing May 2017

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:41 pm 

I believe this new release will be on the opposite side of Hwy 25 where phase 1/2 are. So basically the north east corner of Britannia and Hwy 25

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:51 am 

Quote:

Move In Spring 2017!

Now has never been a better time to get into our highly sought after Mount Pleasant North Community. Only 4 thoughtfully designed detached homes will be available to purchase this Saturday. Buy now and recieve a $10,000 credit to spend in our Mattamy Design Studio to personalize your new home the way you want. Take advantage of our early closings and move in Spring 2017.
Detached Homes starting from [b]$716,990[/b]

$ 716K for 1874 Sq.ft in Brampton? That's insane.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:24 pm 

portela wrote:
Quote:

Move In Spring 2017!

Detached Homes starting from [b]$716,990[/b]

$ 716K for 1874 Sq.ft in Brampton? That's insane.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

lmao - I bought that same Renfrew house for over $200K less than that, less than a year and a half ago...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:13 pm 

Wow how things have changed since 2014. We walked in the the sales office looked at the lots and said no to what there were offering.Called the next Saturday and they had the lot we were interested in. Went down to the sales office around noon. We were 15th in line and i started asking questions about what house we can put on a certain lot. The next thing I know we got bumped up over people that just might be looking but not necessarily buying and got the house and lot with a 78 ft back yard awesome!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:21 pm 

eblaz wrote:
Wow how things have changed since 2014. We walked in the the sales office looked at the lots and said no to what there were offering.Called the next Saturday and they had the lot we were interested in. Went down to the sales office around noon. We were 15th in line and i started asking questions about what house we can put on a certain lot. The next thing I know we got bumped up over people that just might be looking but not necessarily buying and got the house and lot with a 78 ft back yard awesome!!!

We also looked your lots, but there are town houses behind your lot, may be because of the depth, it might be ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:16 am 

Carl wrote:
eblaz wrote:

We also looked your lots, but there are town houses behind your lot, may be because of the depth, it might be ok.

Carl....I will take town houses behind me anytime with that size lot you are so far away you can't see in your neighbors house, what they are eating and cooking. Plus i can plant trees for privacy, lots of room for the Dog to run and also resale$$$. think about it. oh yeah and not to mention the pool option.

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village