HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

To become a featured Advertiser please donate either $400 or $800 to one of the Milton organizations listed below (and in doing the donation please specifically let them know that this donation is in appreciation of the Hawthorne Villager Discussion forums)

Currently we've had 2 contributions to Oakville & Milton Humane Society and one two Halton Women's place. So until we get more contributions to the others on the list, we'll temporarily hold contributions to these 2.

--------------------------------------------------
United Way of Milton
Contact Anne Eadie (Executive Director)
Phone: (905) 875-2550
aeadie@miltonunitedway.ca
Let Anne know you'd like to make a donation to United Way of Milton in appreciation of Hawthorne Villager Online Forums. That the donation is from __________ (fill in your name) and that they should please send the charitable receipt to yourself (not me) but for Anne to please Notify Hawthorne Villager Online Forums (attention Rick Di Lorenzo) that this donation was made 'in appreciation'. (Use my email address rick@dilorenzo.com on where Anne can send the gift confirmation to)

Halton Women's Place
Click on this link under the "In Tribute" section select "In Honour" and fill in "Hawthorne Villager Online Forums". Under name use Rick Di Lorenzo, email rick@dilorenzo.com with 1162 winter cres, Milton, On L9T6V9 as address. Under personal information ensure you fill in your own information so the tax receipt will go to you and not me.

Milton District Hospital Foundation
Click on this link circle the "In Appreciation of" category under "Person's Name" fill in "Hawthorne Villager Online Forums" but under please send notification to fill in Rick Di Lorenzo, 1162 Winter Cres, Milton, ON L9T6V9. Please ensure "receipt made out to" has your own information (not mine) so the tax receipt goes to you.

Oakville & Milton Humane Society

Click on this link and under Dedications select "Yes, as a gift in honour/on behalf of" and fill in "Hawthorne Villager Online Forums" then select "Request that the charity send a card by postal mail" and fill in my name and address (see above examples).

I've gathered information on how to make a donation to Hawthorne Village Public School as well. The different grades/classes have wish-lists of supplies, items, etc that they'd like to purchase as extras but can't currently afford. If interested in making a charitable contribution to the Hawthorne Village School and become a Featured Advertiser here please PM me and I'll send you the Principals contact info for the school

I'm still gathering info on how to also contribute money to Tiger Jeet Singh Public School.
--------------------------------------------------

Only featured advertisers can post new threads in this new forum. But, anyone can reply, but replies need to remain on-topic, no hijacking to refer people to competing businesses (this still doesn't stop people from posting reviews, referrals etc of competing businesses in the normal free advertisement section).

The number of featured advertisers allowed will be restricted so that all will be guaranteed of getting a thread on the first page of that sub-forum. That should avoid the need of having to 'bump'.

There will also be 1 sticky in the general forum where we'll list all the featured advertisers in 1 post along with URL's for each where possible. That post is for recognition purposes in the general forum area and isn't meant for replies.

This is currently for a 1 year basis. No guarantees on future possible changes after the first year. Let's see how successful this turns out (I think it will work out well).

People who wish to advertise in that forum will contribute
$400 per year - non-exclusive rights
$800 per year - exclusive rights

The "exclusive" part means say your business is Milton Nail Spa that specializes in manicures, pedicures and gel nails. There wouldn't be another advertiser in that forum for the year that you paid for. But no guarantees in the next year when the advertising comes up for renewal that you could retain that exclusivity. If there is already a "non-exclusive" advertiser present, then it will not be possible to contribute towards exclusive rights.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 pm 

Hi Rick,
Its a great way fund raise for the great cause.
Truly appreciated.

We can all together build stronger community.
Volunteering, Fund Raising, service to community.

Jahan
DVH SPA