HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:31 pm 

I cannot believe the mess they left on the hardwood floors, I can just see the scratches Image :roll: That would never happen if you did the hardwood floors after closing.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 pm 

Patrol, thank you for your concern but they were still working in the house, my closing is still away :)

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:41 pm 

Buttsop wrote:
Patrol, thank you for your concern but they were still working in the house, my closing is still away :)

I just hope your floors will be ok :mrgreen:

I just wish they would protect the hardwood with heavy paper/boxes around any tile work but honestly hardwood floors should be the last flooring done in any house to prevent any damage from tile work etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:25 pm 

patrob wrote:
Buttsop wrote:

I just hope your floors will be ok :mrgreen:

I just wish they would protect the hardwood with heavy paper/boxes around any tile work but honestly hardwood floors should be the last flooring done in any house to prevent any damage from tile work etc.

Hardwood floors should be able to take that kind of abuse... My house looks like that now lol (almost)

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 pm 

LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:
Hardwood floors should be able to take that kind of abuse... My house looks like that now lol (almost)

Just because it has "hard" in the sentence doesn't mean the finish won't get damaged! The sand, rocks & all the other debris, it acts as an abrasive (sandpaper) when you walk on it. That can result in numerous surface scratches.

It's extremely careless on behalf of the builder & shows lack of quality/pride in workmanship :roll: Nobody cares about the other contractors work anymore. I would inspect the floors very closely on PDI.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 pm 

patrob wrote:
LovelyThanks4Asking wrote:

Just because it has "hard" in the sentence doesn't mean the finish won't get damaged! The sand, rocks & all the other debris, it acts as an abrasive (sandpaper) when you walk on it. That can result in numerous surface scratches.

It's extremely careless on behalf of the builder & shows lack of quality/pride in workmanship :roll: Nobody cares about the other contractors work anymore. I would inspect the floors very closely on PDI.

I don't disagree... but in reality, the only person who cares about floor is the person who paid for it. That's why we went with hand scraped (pre-damaged) this time. I got tired of having mini heart attacks every time a kid dropped something or a dog chased a fly... Life is much better now 8)