HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:40 pm 

Hi...I have a home closing in HSV Phase 1 in 1 week. I went by yesterday and saw that the Kitchen they installed in NOT the one I chose (3 levels down in fact). My question is what are my options? Should I wait until the PDI, let them know and demand compensation? I'm just not sure what they will compensate me for. I really want what I ordered and paid for but at the same really want to hold Mattamys feet to the fire as they delayed me quite a bit already.
Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:56 pm 

I'd tell them right away - any delays now will cause them to have to compensate you as per tarion rules. If they delay, they pay!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:23 pm 

Omg! I would be so mad! Upgraded kitchen cabinets are the #1 thing on our upgrade list.
What did you order and what did you get? Is it at leas the same colour?

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:52 pm 

It is the right color but we ordered the Master Kitchen and got Sous I believe...really disappointed. My wifes freaking out....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:12 pm 

meangreen16 wrote:
It is the right color but we ordered the Master Kitchen and got Sous I believe...really disappointed. My wifes freaking out....

Don't wait, let them know right away, tell them to fix it ASAP, their mistake, they will have to fix it,within the time frame as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:08 pm 

Have you had your PDI yet??

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:25 pm 

Not yet...incredibly my PDI is... get this the day before I'm supposed to close.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:09 pm 

Oh ok, ya that is cutting it close I guess
Ya I guess at that point it will be a bit difficult to change out the cabinets
Best to inform Mattamy as soon as you can of the mistake and see if they can do anything for you.

But to tell you the truth, it is quite a big oversight.. Double check your paperwork also to make sure the upgrade is there as well from the design centre.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:07 pm 

meangreen16 wrote:

Yikes! Maybe they ran out of stock and are giving this to you temporarily so you can close on time. I hope so!! It's quite a big difference between the sous and master, but hopefully not as much effort to replace as it would be if they gave you the wrong cupboards entirely.

When we moved in, our quartz countertops in both bathrooms were delayed, so we got temporary laminate countertops for a month or two.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:26 pm 

I've triple checked my paperwork and my upgrades and its definitely the wrong kitchen. I'm sure I got the Sous Package when we paid and signed for the Master.
Yeah, it seems a bit odd. I had a friend who closed at The Preserve in Oakville (with Mattamy) and he had to close on the scheduled closing day without any granite countertops or sinks at all (in the kitchen and all the bathrooms). Mattamy just comped meals for his family (like $75 bucks a day or something) until the countertops and sinks were put in.
So I figure they will force me to close anyway as the home would still be livable and then schedule the repair/reno at their own convenience and I'll be SOL as to when they complete the repair.
Sucks big time. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what the deal is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:07 pm 

Dont piss them off too much. The way the contract is worded, technically they can just return the money and there is nothing you can do about it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:18 am 

meangreen16 wrote:
I've triple checked my paperwork and my upgrades and its definitely the wrong kitchen. I'm sure I got the Sous Package when we paid and signed for the Master.
Yeah, it seems a bit odd. I had a friend who closed at The Preserve in Oakville (with Mattamy) and he had to close on the scheduled closing day without any granite countertops or sinks at all (in the kitchen and all the bathrooms). Mattamy just comped meals for his family (like $75 bucks a day or something) until the countertops and sinks were put in.
So I figure they will force me to close anyway as the home would still be livable and then schedule the repair/reno at their own convenience and I'll be SOL as to when they complete the repair.
Sucks big time. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what the deal is.

Did Mattamy notify you that the wrong kitchen was installed? or was it just you noticing it.
I am not sure how they can miss this; maybe they are playing dumb in the hopes of saying oops and working something out later.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:53 am 

I noticed myself and called them. They said that the correct kitchen was ordered from Cartier Kitchens but they are not sure what happened. Gotta wait until monday for more info from them even though I'm closing Thursday the 21st.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:34 pm 

elementZ wrote:
Dont piss them off too much. The way the contract is worded, technically they can just return the money and there is nothing you can do about it.

They can? Care to elaborate.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:35 pm 

meangreen16 wrote:
I noticed myself and called them. They said that the correct kitchen was ordered from Cartier Kitchens but they are not sure what happened. Gotta wait until monday for more info from them even though I'm closing Thursday the 21st.

That's tough. Keep us posted, this would be a deal breaker for us.