HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 pm 

I thought it might be the electrolytes. Helpful those.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm 

Nona wrote:
Thanks fstydiva! Glad your recovery has gone so well. Hope you start to feel like your regular self (with new and improved knees of course) and can ease into an exercise routine soon. I was literally sitting on the couch doing bicep curls and so on for the first week after I got hurt.

Finally cracked 200. Just by a lb though. I'm at 199. Ideally I would like to lose 2lbs a week so I feel like I've got to step it up a bit, but I said at the outset I wanted to lose 5lbs a month for the next year so I guess I've met my January goals!

Jan 1: 204lbs Jan 20: 199lbs

Congrats on entering onederland Nona! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 am 

Thanks!

I had seen that term before and never knew what it meant. Googled it finally. That makes sense :) Now I'm just afraid of falling back up the rabbit hole and out of onederland...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 am 

After 2-3 weeks of eating poorly, getting little exercise and avoiding the scale, I reluctantly stepped on the scale this morning.

197lbs

Not at all as bad as what I was expecting, but I should have been in the 194 range by now to meet my 5lbs a month weight loss goals. 189 by the end of March is not out of the cards, but I'll have to be diligent. Back to work!

Thanks stilldeciding for joining in again - gave me the extra motivation to get back on track.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 am 

Nona, good for you, your doing well! I'm down 1.5 lbs. for the week, not bad considering I've got major foot issues again.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 am 

1.5lb down is good for a weekly weigh in! How you doing this week?

As for me... arrrrggghhh! I think I have to go back to focussing on habits rather than numbers. Seems that has better effect. Will set a habit related goal this Sunday (probably water intake & something else) and start fresh on Monday. At least I haven't gained anything but man am I frustrated with myself. Seriously. Eat well and exercise. It's not rocket science. I know exactly what I have to do, why can't I just bloody well do it?!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:53 am 

It's completely frustrating!! I have done poorly this week because I have been home all week...I'm much more disciplined when I am at work. I have hardly eaten any fruits and vegetables! I have to get back on track this week for sure...but I am down another pound actually so that is good.

I had a little bit of a scare last night, started to feel very sick...but I am ok this morning. Going to the doctor to have my blood checked today so we shall see how my lovely gallbladder is doing and if it's holding up well until it has to come out! In the meantime I need to get back to eating well.

I still haven't eaten anything fried though...Since January 13th! whoo hoo :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 am 

Still 197. Goals this week - drink 1L of water per day and NO takeout foods. Including drinks. Already I stopped myself from getting a Starbucks Latte yesterday (Twice! One craving at Longo's and one at Target).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:36 pm 

Nona wrote:
Still 197. Goals this week - drink 1L of water per day and NO takeout foods. Including drinks. Already I stopped myself from getting a Starbucks Latte yesterday (Twice! One craving at Longo's and one at Target).

Nona, keep up the good work, great goals. I've decided not to post weekly afterall on this forum as the comfort level just wasn't there but wish you & any others all the best!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:18 am 

Really REALLY waiting for this good weather so i can make the most of my conservation pass again, i put back on half the weight i lost over the course of this winter (@246.6 now) Im hoping by the end of april to be back around 238 and goal for summer is ~230

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:35 am 

Well I am down two more pounds for March. I thought it would be more, but I guess the crap I ate over this Easter weekend didn't help :)
So I'm only down 5 since after my surgery in January, but I'm down 18 since Jan 2012 :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 am 

Good job Soupy. Easter stuff is hard to resist. I'm currently sitting at a table full of tempting baskets with kids too young to know to keep track of what they have eaten, lol, but April is going to be my month!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am 

I didn't do too poorly. I ate a few chocolates...but I haven't had REAL chocolate in a while. I've had a few things at Tim Horton's here and there, but no chocolate bars or whatever. I also had a filet of fish on Good Friday....that one I blame on my religion :) But other than that, nothing fried since mid January, so that's really good :)

I need to increase my exercise because I'm limited in what I can/can't eat. So that's my big goal for April! It's my birthday month...it will be a present to myself :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:59 pm 

I lost 6.5 lbs the last two weeks by cutting back but still eating what I want. Even managed to lose weight after eating dinner out with fstydiva last week. :D
Now that weather is becoming milder I will hobble outside more for walking despite the pain. :)