HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seeking advice !!
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:53 pm 

Hi there ,

I am suffering from back pain since last year august . I went to see my doctor but unfortunately he never paid any attention ,he was trying to give me all sorts of excuses for not sending me for an x-ray.
I was told that back ache x-rays are not covered under OHIP. I went to see an other doctor and she immediately send me for an x-ray .She informed me that I have mild arthritis .I am so upset at my doctor because of him I had to suffer for such a long period of time ,and my pain got worse . I am looking for an advice if someone else has the same problem ,and how are you dealing with the pain as I don't want to depend on pain medication . Is there anyone who has tried natural medication .Please advice.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Seeking advice !!
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:11 pm 

This is from Dr. McDougall's website.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/med_hot_arthritis.html

Painful joints can be divided into "degenerative" and "inflammatory" forms of arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the name often given to the degenerative form and this kind is helped with weight loss, a change in diet, glucosamine, and acupuncture. Inflammatory forms of arthritis, like rheumatoid, Lupus, psoriatic, and ankylosing spondylitis are very responsive to the McDougall Program. To be more specific, about 70% of people with the most common form of inflammatory arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, can expect dramatic benefits, and often a cure, in less than 4 weeks of diet change. The diet must be followed strictly – medications are reduced and stopped as improvements occur.

Post subject: Re: Seeking advice !!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:37 pm 

I have suffered from osteoarthritis since a teen (bad genes) and have actually had a knee replacement as a result. Staying away from sunshade vegetables is good for reducing inflammation. Also just to note, that mild arthritis does not show up on an xray it needs to be about a grade 2 to be able to see it. My medications consist of tylenol/advil when my pain is bad otherwise I find it better to continue on with my daily routine and focus on the positives in life rather than let my pain pull me down