HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm 

We at Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling welcome competition from honest, reputable HVAC companies. It is shamefull to see that certain companies, in their desperate attempt to solicit business resort to unethical business tactics.
I posted a thread under Group Buy titled (what do we do about this Rick). It seems the so called HV discussion board member SF named Steven joined this discussion board March 13/2010 and has made a total of 4 posts.
All 4 of his posts were to solicit business for this company listed above, his own company.
SF pretended to be a homeowner in the Hawthorne Village community giving dishonest positive reviews of his own company in order to mislead members of this board in thinking he was a local home owner.
The above post not only has poor english grammar but capitalized letters in the middle of a sentences surprisingly identical to the same posts made by this so called HV homeowner member SF.
Please see the posts from SF below, notice the similarity in the sentence structure and capitalization of letters in the middle of sentences same as the above poster. Notice how the word air conditioner has no spaces similar to the above poster.

POSTS FROM SF

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mark,
I got mine from Royal Comfort. I was just writing a feedback for them here while you asked . They have Very good pricing. I didn't get charge extra for Electrical Safety Inpection, Winter cover and ... I got American Standard unit and I like it. If you want their number you should be able to find it here. I don't have it right now with me. Goodluck!

Steven
SF

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 am Post subject: Just a feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the airconditioner less than a week ago from Royal Comfort. Nice, fast and clean Installation with a very good price! It worth to try them. I just wanted to leave a feedback for everyone.

Steven
SF

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:52 am Post subject: just a Question

I am in process of installing an airconditioner and I've called many places. I talked to Craig Four season and also Mel Royal Comfort both have a good price. Mel sounded more professional to me and his prices is a bit lower than Craig. I already booked with him. And I did it without that code . Will that code help me to get better pricing?! without that Code he was still lower than Craig. is that like a percentage discount or something like that?
Steven

Rick has created a truly wonderful discussion board here, it is a shame that this business owner wants to mislead this community through deceit and dishonesty.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse

Last edited by fourseasoncomfortCOOLING on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:44 pm 
It is funny, You two are both kids!

Hey, Craig, do you really want me to stop? you have to pay me:) You are out of mind.

Steven

Post subject: SF is Royal Comfort
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:21 pm 

SF you know you are Royal Comfort. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out. The posts by SF and Royal Comfort are identical with the capitalization of letters in the middle of sentences and the work air conditioner posted as "airconditioner" it is a pretty odd that both posters have the exact same writing skills.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

SF wrote:

Hey, Craig, do you really want me to stop? you have to pay me:) You are out of mind.

Steven
Well....actually the email address you have listed under your account "SF" is firoozi_2000@yahoo.com

If you do a public access whois query on royalcomfort.ca it lists the administrative contact as

Postal address: Royal Comfort Inc
903 175 Shaughnessy Blvd
North York ON M2J 1K1 Canada
Phone: 9055699500
Email: firoozi_2000@yahoo.com

So in this situation. It is fairly obvious that SF and royalcomfort are the same. So your 'referral' in http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=25310 was disingenuous :shock:

Craig was using circumstantial evidence about it being likely that SF and royalcomfort are coming from the same source. But just using what email address is listed under SF (which is public) and what email address Royal Comfort has listed as their admin person (which is also public). They are the same. So there's no way anyone could construe this any other way but to show that these are coming from the same source. Since to activate an account, it makes you confirm you're actually coming from the email address you registered under.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 pm 

Some great investigative skills there Rick. Sherlock Holmes in the house :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 am 
Site Admin

sarahn wrote:
rick, doesnt this board tell you the IP address people are posting from? I thought in the backend you would see that this SF and Royal Comfort would have posted from the same IP address, even without the email look up. Unless they purposely posted from different IPs. Its too funny, but good detective work!!
It does, but that isn't always 100% proof because some people are on dial-up DSL or they have DSL/Cable that they disconnect frequently and Bell will 'recycle' their IP and use it for someone else on the same street. So sometimes 2 usernames will post from the same IP on different days but they're actually 2 different people who live on the same street.

Usually...over the long run...if 2 user names repeatedly post from the same IP it is fairly convincing circumstantial evidence that they are the same person. But there's still some leeway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:01 pm 

Rick Di Lorenzo wrote:
SF wrote:

Steven
Well....actually the email address you have listed under your account "SF" is firoozi_2000@yahoo.com

If you do a public access whois query on royalcomfort.ca it lists the administrative contact as

Postal address: Royal Comfort Inc
903 175 Shaughnessy Blvd
North York ON M2J 1K1 Canada
Phone: 9055699500
Email: firoozi_2000@yahoo.com

So in this situation. It is fairly obvious that SF and royalcomfort are the same. So your 'referral' in http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... hp?t=25310 was disingenuous :shock:

Craig was using circumstantial evidence about it being likely that SF and royalcomfort are coming from the same source. But just using what email address is listed under SF (which is public) and what email address Royal Comfort has listed as their admin person (which is also public). They are the same. So there's no way anyone could construe this any other way but to show that these are coming from the same source. Since to activate an account, it makes you confirm you're actually coming from the email address you registered under.

What a BURN! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:17 am 

:shock: OMG, How did I miss this post. I know this is a relic but I was floored when I read this post and the "What do we do about this Rick?" thread. I've gotta start visiting areas other than the General Section, this was gold!!!

Great work Craig!

As far as Royal Comfort, pathetic bud! Your business might pick up a little if you were to brush up on your english but then again I probably wouldn't even trust you to put batteries in a hand held fan.

PEACE!!!