HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:10 pm 

Hello future neighbors, I was thinking of doing some leg work in the next few months to see what I can dig up as far as group rate prices on a number of items as we close in on our respective closing dates. The items I was thinking of looking into are:

Air Conditioning:
The guy I have been using in my previous two homes and I highly recommend is Richard Payer from CoreTemp Heating and Air. I will work a group rate with him, but expect anywhere between 2500 - 3000 depending on the unit specifications.

He will not be cheaper than a lot of the competitors (I'm sure you see the lawn signs all the time :) ), but his product (Ruud) is a superior product compared to the others out there and he stands by his product 100%.

I am not the only one recommending his work as you could see for yourself from the referrals on homestars.

http://homestars.com/companies/2774127- ... ea=1787331

Garage Door Openers:
I have a few leads, but am still in the process of researching this. I want to make sure I pick someone who is affordable, yet reliable so if you have any leads please let me know.

Central Vacuum:
Same as above, but it will also depend on the product that the majority of the people want. I have done some initial research and will look into Milton Vacuum, Oakville Vacuum and Allegro Central Vacuum in Oakville. Let me know if you have any leads I could follow up with.

Blinds & Shutters:
Have yet to begin researching this, but will in the next little while.

Please let me know if you would be interested in one, two, three or all of these options so that I could give the provider an approximate number so that I could work out the best deal possible. Thanks again, and looking forward to meeting you all in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:23 am 

Dan, you can count me in for Air Conditioning and Central Vacuum. For Blinds & Shutters, you might want to check STAR'S Custom Shutters Inc. I heard they have better pricing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:24 pm 

prosbuyer wrote:
Dan, you can count me in for Air Conditioning and Central Vacuum. For Blinds & Shutters, you might want to check STAR'S Custom Shutters Inc. I heard they have better pricing.

or The Shutterguys....I got a really great price for all the windows in my home on wood plantation shutters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm 

Thanks Kitty and Prosbuyer I will look into those leads.

As a further update on the Central Vacuum, Milton Vacuum came in with a good package on a Beam 380A Special Edition (http://www.beamcanada.com/docs/promo/zone2.pdf), a Beam 275A or a Beam 200A (no power head) (check out Beam Canada for information on these). The price through Beam is approximately what you would pay if you dealt with Milton Vacuum directly, but the owner has offered us a really great rebate on a 5+ purchase and an additional discount on a 10+ purchase. I am still working out some of the finer details and will send those interested the details as the owner has informed me that it is confidential information and should not be posted on a forum ... and I respect his discretion. The owner also said that he would also set up a neighbour demonstration one weekend to show us the products he has quoted.

Anyone else interested in a potential central vacuum group buy prior to January 2012?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:16 pm 

I'd be interested in the Beam 380A Special Edition group buy if it's ready in the next few months ... wouldn't want to wait till 2013 (is that what you meant, since it's already Jan 2012 now).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm 

miltonLeo wrote:
I'd be interested in the Beam 380A Special Edition group buy if it's ready in the next few months ... wouldn't want to wait till 2013 (is that what you meant, since it's already Jan 2012 now).

The price the owner quoted me was guaranteed until January 31, 2012. Of course, he would in all intensive purposes extend the deal as most of us do not close until the middle of 2012. The one caveat is that we would all need to purchase on the same day to ensure it is a group purchase, which means that if I can gather enough people (5 would be good, 10 would be great) in the next little while I am in for putting this through immediately (the way I see it is that I will have to make the purchase sooner or later anyway :) ). Anyone else interested on a shorter timeline?

I'll send you the specifics in a PM, the installation information is coming soon if you are interested.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:46 pm 

Perfect. Yes, interested. Sent you a PM back. Thanks Dan for arranging this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm 

I'm interested in the group buy for air conditioner, garage door opener and blinds and shutters. We close in Fall of this year.

Thanks for coordinating Dan!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm 

Dan, I'm going to go with Package 1, 380A Beam Special Edition
let me know how everything unfolds.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 pm 

Dan did you get the group rates for A/C?

Direct: 416.727.2606
Email: kashif@cityscapeone.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 pm 

kashsaba wrote:
Dan did you get the group rates for A/C?

I have been working feverishly on the Central Vacuum rates to confirm that it is the best prices that I can attain, so I have placed the AC on the back burner. Let me know if you discover a great rate before I confirm a deal through my source.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:52 pm 

Hey Dan,

We would be in for the AC and Shutters depending on price....let me know the details when you get them!

Thanks so much!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 pm 

im interested in what you find for GDO and blinds/shutters