HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:29 am 

To All HVP Phase 4 Residents who close between now until March 2013.

As per my previous post, lets use this section to post any interests in group buys. Those who would like to coordinate with me arranging this, please let me know. It's better to work in a group to get the best deal.

AC
Garage Door Opener
Blinds
Humidifier
Range Hoods
Pot Lights
Etc.

I am personally in for all of the above.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm 

hello!

We're on lot 90 closing end of Feb and we would like to be in for A/C and shutters...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm 

Great, when are you closing rpauls? street and how many pots?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:18 pm 

hi there,

we're lot 104, closing March 21'13, we're interested in a/c, shutters for now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm 

Hi folks

We're interested in the A/C and the shutters. IN addition, we'll be buying appliances (all).

Thanks
Baraa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:42 pm 

Awesome. Timing could not have been any better guys.

I am heading out this weekend to get a quote on blinds/shutters. So far I got the following interested:

1. Youngsoo - Closing Feb
2. H&M - Closing March
3. Baraa - Closing Jan
4. myself - closing Dec

Should be able to get a good deal guys. Will keep you posted on the next steps.

rpauls, still waiting to hear back from you. I am planning to reach out to Mr. Potlight within this week as well. Let me know your closing date and how many pots approx.

All of us are in on AC. I will get a quote on that as well, but since we got some time on it, I will first give priority to pots shutters etc.

Baraa, I got Fridge, Stove and DW already from Sears. Still need to get Washer and Dryer. Want me to get a quote for you? Let me know please.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 pm 

I'm in HVOP Phase 1 but bought a re-sale home a few months ago. If there is a group buy I would be interested in A/C and a garage door opener possibly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm 

I'm in HVE Phase 7 closing Feb 28 (literally 2 minute drive west). Just wondering if I can get in on the group buy as well?

As of today we are still needing Laundry Appliances, Blinds/window coverings, Humidifier, and depends on pricing for the garage door opener. And curious have you negotiated pricing already?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:25 am 

Hi chotapepc

We are on Diefenbaker street Closing February 2013 (HVOP Phase #4)
Interested in Group buy for Humidifier , let me know what deal you got

Thanks
Kamran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:47 pm 

I am also from HVE Phase 7. Looking for 2.0 ton A/C and Humidifier.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:30 pm 

Please count me for A/C and Humidifier as well (Phase 7 , closing in March)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm 

I'm also curious if any pricing has been secured for any group buys as well. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 pm 

hey everyone...hope all is well and for those that have moved in, hope you are loving the new homes!

just wanted to share an experience i had that made me want to go with applewood for the a/c. i dont work for them!!!

our furnace busted 2 weekends ago and we woke up with no heat. i think it was minus 20 with wind chill that morning. i have a 2yr old and a 3mth old. oh sh*t. our townhouse (phase 1) came with a/c from applewood and i called them at 5am. someone picked up and said someone would call back at 8:30am when they opened. ok, we had a portable heater so that was ok. they called and told us someone would come by before noon. that worried me but they came at 9am. fixed and out the door. we were so relieved.

i was really impressed with them and thought if i buy an a/c that doesnt have as good of a warranty for my furnace, i could be screwed in the winter...!!!

anyways, just a thought. applewood is a bit more expensive but with small kids in the house, i really need a super reliable warrantly. i called them up and a rough quote was $2200 for a 2 ton unit. thats basic unit though.

what do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm 

My apologies for not having group buy pricing for the 2013 cooling season sooner. Please see the below posting for the 2012 group buy from last year. We anticipate pricing and discount structure to be the same. We will have the 2013 posting available soon.

Please let us know if you have any questions at all.

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse

Please see below.

rrknight wrote:
Hey guys, I know it's a little too early but I want to start a group buy on A/C for next summer. It's usually busy booking these guys in Spring so I want to secure a spot with Craig from Four Seasons Comfort Inc.

This will be my 2nd A/C unit with him done by Craig and his price was not only the best but the quality of work was top notch!

You can see the feedback yourself.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24763&hilit=craig

OK here is the group buy prices. oo

Hot Deal! Please join this group buy so we can get the 26+ discount!

Quote:
Hi Rocky,
It was my pleasure speaking with you yesterday morning. I would be pleased to provide you with some information regarding a AC group buy for yourself and members of your community in Milton. We are glad to see you are being proactive in getting this organised prior to the peak season in the summer!
It is very important that the AC unit is sized properly prior to installation. If a AC unit is undersized it will run continuously without reaching set point particularly during peak hours. If the AC unit is oversized it will short cycle meaning it will run and turn off continuously resulting in warm pockets of air in the home. We have installed AC units in every model of home in Milton, just let us know which builder and model and we can look up the appropriate size AC unit.

Here may be some of the additional information we may require in determining how to correctly size the AC unit with each individual home.
Square footage(not including the basement)
Ceiling height main level and upstairs
Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West)
Is there a lot of large windows in the home?

In terms of SEER rating (seasonal energy efficiency ratio), determines how efficient you AC unit is or how much electricity it consumes. The higher the seer the more efficient the AC. Our cooling season in southwestern Ontario is typically only 3-4 months of the year therefore I would not recommend installing a super-efficient high seer AC unit as the initial capital cost will take a long time to pay off especially with a short cooling season. For most of our clients I would typically only recommend a AC unit with a seer rate no higher than a 15 seer.

Here are some information we will require to determine what seer rating is best for our clients.
- Do you have an existing inefficient AC unit(if so there are rebates available if we remove an old AC unit and install a 14.5 seer or greater).In a new subdivision this is usually not the case.
- How long to you plan to be in your home? (If our clients plan to be in the home for a short period 5 years or less we would recommend a 13 seer, more than 5 years a 14.5 seer as you will see a return on your investment)
- Would you be consider a heavy user? Do you set the AC in May and run it until September without turning it off? Or would you only use the AC on the hot humid days?
- What temperature would you keep your home during the cooling season? Do you prefer a colder setting or just enough to remove some humidity from the air.

There are many different manufactures of AC units available in the market today. There are premium products available which are sold and installed through a dealer network that technicians must be factory trained on installation and service and all technicians must be licenced and certified. There are a long list of mid- range product lines as well as builder quality product lines that can be sold to any HVAC company. I would be pleased to discuss the differences of the various product lines available.

At Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling we recommend the premium American Standard/Trane line of products. We have installed hundreds of systems within the GTA and us along with our clients have been very satisfied with the quality and reliability of this product line. Other product lines are also available as well!

Here is some pricing on the American Standard/Trane line of 13 and 14.5 Seer AC units. This pricing includes complete installation with wall mounted brackets and 15ft of copper lineset. Warranty is 10 years parts & 5 year labour.

American Standard 13 Seer
Deluxe Model (gray unit)
1.5 ton $2225.00 installed
2.0 ton $2300.00 installed
2.5 ton $2450.00 installed
3.0 ton $2600.00 installed
3.5 ton $2800.00 installed
4.0 ton $3000.00 installed

American Standard 14.5 Seer
1.5 ton $2450.00 installed
2.0 ton $2500.00 installed
2.5 ton $2650.00 installed
3.0 ton $2800.00 installed
3.5 ton $3000.00 installed
4.0 ton $3200.00 installed

Group Buy pricing is as follows:
10 AC units deduct (95.00 per unit)
11-25 AC units deduct( $115.00 per unit)
26-50 AC units deduct (155.00 per unit)

These prices are subject to HST. However, if you pay by cash Craig will provide further discount on top of the group buy discount. Please let him know your method of payment when you are giving him the deposit.

In order to participate in this group buy we require a $250.00 deposit prior to May 01, 2012 which may be made by check or interac email money transfer . Once this deposit is received we will send an invoice showing the deposit has been received and a tentative installation date. This deposit secures your pricing as well as your installation date. On May 02, 2012 we will determine how many participants we have in the group buy and apply the necessary discount to the invoice. If the AC has been installed and paid for prior to May 02/12 we will return the applicable group buy discount to our client.

We would recommend the Honeywell line of humidifiers as well. The group buy pricing on the Honeywell HE225 for homes up to 3000sq ft is $325.00 installed. The Honeywell HE 265 for homes 3000sq ft – 4500sq ft is $395.00 installed.

In terms of air cleaners I would recommend using a 3M filter for the first 6 months of your occupancy. I would not recommend making an investment on an indoor air quality system initially unless you are certain the ducts are clean. Once most of the construction debris has been removed from your ductwork I would recommend the Accuclean system which does not restgrict air circulation like many of the media filters and other systems.

I hope I have given you enough information in order for you to start this process.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
http://www.fourseasoncomfort.com

Group buy list.

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:14 pm 

Sorry, I also have been trying to post the Consumer Report Ratings on Central Air conditioners. Not sure how to do it but it is on page 1 of this link.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43822

Some of our client testimonials may also be found here.

http://fourseasoncomfort.HomeStars.com/

viewtopic.php?t=24763

http://www.estatesofcreditridge.net/fee ... -t674.html

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763