HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 pm 

Our apologies for the delay in having this information regarding the AC Group Buy for 2013. We are pleased to provide our valued clients in the Milton community another 2013 Central AC Group Buy. Below is a brief description on how we ensure the AC is properly sized to optimally cool your home, we have also provided detail on the specifics of the group buy as well.

It is very important that the AC unit is sized properly prior to installation. If a AC unit is undersized it will run continuously without reaching set point particularly during peak hours. If the AC unit is oversized it will short cycle meaning it will run and turn off continuously resulting in warm pockets of air in the home. We have installed AC units in every model of home in Milton, just let us know which builder and model and we can look up the appropriate size AC unit.

Here may be some of the additional information we may require in determining how to correctly size the AC unit with each individual home.

Square footage(not including the basement)
Ceiling height main level and upstairs
Exposure(does the home back North, South, East, or West)
Is there a lot of large windows in the home?

In terms of SEER rating (seasonal energy efficiency ratio), determines how efficient you AC unit is or how much electricity it consumes. The higher the seer the more efficient the AC. Our cooling season in southwestern Ontario is typically only 3-4 months of the year therefore I would not recommend installing a super-efficient high seer AC unit as the initial capital cost will take a long time to pay off especially with a short cooling season. For most of our clients I would typically only recommend a AC unit with a seer rate of 13 and no higher than a 14.5 seer. The difference in savings from a 13 seer 2 ton to a 14.5 seer 2 ton would be only $10.00 per year or cooling season.

Here are some information we will require to determine what seer rating is best for our clients.
Do you have an existing inefficient AC unit(if so there are rebates available if we remove an old AC unit and install a 14.5 seer or greater).In a new subdivision this is usually not the case.
Would you be consider a heavy user? Do you set the AC in May and run it until September without turning it off? Or would you only use the AC on the hot humid days?
What temperature would you keep your home during the cooling season? Do you prefer a colder setting or just enough to remove some humidity from the air.

There are many different manufactures of AC units available in the market today. There are premium products available which are sold and installed through a dealer network that technicians must be factory trained on installation and service and all technicians must be licenced and certified. There are a long list of mid- range product lines as well as builder quality product lines that can be sold to any HVAC company. I would be pleased to discuss the differences of the various product lines available.

At Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling we recommend the premium American Standard/Trane line of products. We have installed hundreds of systems within the Hawthorne Village Community over the past 8 years our clients have been very satisfied with the quality and reliability of this product line. Other product lines are also available as well!

Here is some pricing on the American Standard/Trane line of 13 and 14.5 Seer AC units. This pricing includes complete installation with wall mounted brackets and 15ft of copper lineset. HST is additional. Warranty is 10 years parts & 5 year labour. This also includes your ESA inspection(Electrical Safety Authority) which must be done by law. We also assume your builder furnace warranty and put this in writing on your invoice.

American Standard 13 Seer American Standard 14.5 Seer
Deluxe Model (gray unit)

1.5 ton $2225.00 installed 1.5 ton $2450.00 installed
2.0 ton $2300.00 installed 2.0 ton $2500.00 installed
2.5 ton $2450.00 installed 2.5 ton $2650.00 installed
3.0 ton $2600.00 installed 3.0 ton $2800.00 installed
3.5 ton $2800.00 installed 3.5 ton $3000.00 installed
4.0 ton $3000.00 installed 4.0 ton $3200.00 installed

Group Buy pricing is as follows:
10 AC units deduct (95.00 per unit)
11-25 AC units deduct( $115.00 per unit)
26-50 AC units deduct (155.00 per unit)

In order to participate in this group buy we require a $250.00 deposit prior to May 01, 2013 which may be made by check or interac email money transfer . Once this deposit is received we will send an invoice showing the deposit has been received and a tentative installation date. This deposit secures your pricing as well as your installation date. On May 02, 2013 we will determine how many participants we have in the group buy and apply the necessary discount to the invoice. If the AC has been installed and paid for prior to May 02/13 we will return the applicable group buy discount to our client via check or Interac email money transfer.

We would recommend the Honeywell line of humidifiers as well. The group buy pricing on the Honeywell HE225 for homes up to 3000sq ft is $325.00 installed. The Honeywell HE 265 for homes 3000sq ft – 4500sq ft is $395.00 installed.
In terms of air cleaners I would recommend using a 3M filter for the first 6 months of your occupancy. I would not recommend making an investment on an indoor air quality system initially unless you are certain the ducts are clean. Once most of the construction debris has been removed from your ductwork I would recommend the Accuclean system which does not restrict air circulation like many of the media filters and other systems.

I hope I have given you enough information in order for you to start this process.

Some of our client testimonials from the Hawthorne Village community in Milton may be found here.
viewtopic.php?t=24763

Other Client testimonials may be found here.
http://fourseasoncomfort.HomeStars.com

http://www.estatesofcreditridge.net/fee ... -t674.html

Please let me know if you need anything else or have any questions!

Best Regards,

Craig Newhouse
Four Season Comfort Heating & Cooling
fourseasoncomfort@bellnet.ca
http://www.fourseasoncomfort.com

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

Last edited by fourseasoncomfortCOOLING on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 am 

I highly recommend Craig from Four Seasons Comfort.

We had a group by last year and it was a hit! Everyone who joined the group buy saved hundreds on the A/C.

After the group buy ended I continue to recieve multiple emails asking to join the group buy but I couldn't do anything for them as the deal was over.

Don't miss this opportunity!

Some reading as to why I like American Standard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 pm 

Hi..... Are these prices HST included?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:24 pm 

We are closing Oct.30 if there is no delay, which group buy should I look at, this one, or wait for 2014 group buy ?
Would you let me know which unit I would need for the plan linked below with 9ft ceiling on main floor and master, not a heavy user, we only use A/C from July-August and turn it off at night unless it's a really humid night.
http://www.tiffanyparkhomes.com/wyldwoo ... pelee.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 pm 

My husband and I will be keeping on eye on this group buy. We move into our house on Friday and definitely will need an a/c for the summer.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:00 pm 

Is this thread dead? I havent seen any activity for quite a while!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 pm 

Not sure, still waiting for reply from the OP :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 am 

M4rtin wrote:
We are closing Oct.30 if there is no delay, which group buy should I look at, this one, or wait for 2014 group buy ?
Would you let me know which unit I would need for the plan linked below with 9ft ceiling on main floor and master, not a heavy user, we only use A/C from July-August and turn it off at night unless it's a really humid night.
http://www.tiffanyparkhomes.com/wyldwoo ... pelee.html

Hi M4rtin,

Its entirely up to you which group buy you would like to join. If your home closes at the end of October 2013 then you will not require Central Air until the summer of 2014. Im sure we will have another group buy for the 2014 cooling season as we have had one in the Hawthorne Village Community for the past 5-6 years.

Based on the Tiffany Park home plan above, I would recommend a 24,000btu AC or a 2ton.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:21 pm 

Weird. I found cheaper pricing just by calling a few places. I thought Group Buy's are supposed to be cheaper?!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 pm 

I agree. I realize Craig has good feedback, however prices above are not very competitive. Too bad as I was waiting for this group buy :(

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:07 pm 

Yes, there are companies selling AC units for unbelievable prices however buyer beware, you truly get what you pay for in this business. We have seen it all, and had to clean up after the contractors that disappear once you have after installation issues.
We have seen, refurbished AC units sold as new, inferior materials used such as copper, a coils imported from Asia. Untrained, unlicensed installers used to perform the installations which cause many issues, no ESA permits being drawn (which is required by law), the list goes on...

Contractors can save $100's by taking short cuts and using untrained technicians and imported poorly made inferior materials, but we will continue to provide an excellent product with quality materials and unbeatable customer service!

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 pm 

I agree with other posters that these prices are NOT in line to be group rates no matter what details you factor in.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm 

fourseasoncomfortCOOLING wrote:
Yes, there are companies selling AC units for unbelievable prices however buyer beware, you truly get what you pay for in this business. We have seen it all, and had to clean up after the contractors that disappear once you have after installation issues.
We have seen, refurbished AC units sold as new, inferior materials used such as copper, a coils imported from Asia. Untrained, unlicensed installers used to perform the installations which cause many issues, no ESA permits being drawn (which is required by law), the list goes on...

Contractors can save $100's by taking short cuts and using untrained technicians and imported poorly made inferior materials, but we will continue to provide an excellent product with quality materials and unbeatable customer service!

Here are some examples of contractors that sell AC units for cheap dont honour warranty!

viewtopic.php?t=28157

viewtopic.php?p=221216#221216

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:59 am 

One more question, I'm a bit confused which model you actually supply.
Is it the Silver, Gold or Platinum ? because looking at the website I cannot figure out which one is the Deluxe model.
http://www.americanstandardair.com/prod ... nditioners

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:22 pm 

Here are some examples of contractors that sell AC units for cheap dont honour warranty!

viewtopic.php?t=28157

viewtopic.php?p=221216#221216

I don't doubt the quality of your own work at all, but both of those threads are 3 years old.