HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:28 pm 

We have just had John (Universal Tile) complete about a week and a half of work. We had two jobs for him to tackle our master shower and a kitchen back splash. On the kitchen he removed the old tiles (which was hideous) and tiled glass back splash for us. My wife chose to go with a thick glass 'Blue Lagoon' tile (3" x 6"), 1/4" thick. She loves the look and it does make the kitchen pop!

Most of John's time was spent on redoing our master shower, I demolished the entire shower tiles and left a clean slate from John to begin with. We selected and 'Olive' (12" x 24") tile and combined it with two columns of some nice glass/stone accent tile (12" x 12" sheets) where the new shower fixtures (Riobel - Canadian mfg.) were installed. We highly recommend you checkout this Canadian mfg. if you are looking for a quality shower fixture (no plastic parts). On the plumbing end we found a very reliable, honest and pleasant person who had the job done in 3 hrs. If you are looking for a good plumber that won't over charge you call Jim from Young's Plumbing (905) 691-5910 he is local. We called other plumbers that were mentioned on this forum and found their prices were inflated...no deals for local Villagers :(

As for John's work, what can I say all these people in Milton can't be wrong. He does take great care in his art and treats every job as his own personal baby. His attention to detail is extremely refreshing and amazing, considering these days you are lucky if you can find someone that can show up when they say they will, not to even mention do a decent job for you! John always did what he said he would do and was very good at communicating and scheduling his time with us.

So I say again...What can I say about John that hasn't already been posted sooooo many times in the Villager! John you are amazing and your work is fantastic, I would use you again without even soliciting others for quotes. Milton residents are lucky to have you as part of our community, I hope they take advantage of your expertise and prideful work for many years!! Thank you so much again!!!! :D
I have attached photos for all to see of both jobs, Cheers all!!

Attachments:
Wash.jpg
Wash.jpg [ 83.29 KiB | Viewed 3428 times ]
Kitch..jpg
Kitch..jpg [ 39.76 KiB | Viewed 3428 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:42 am 

Attachment:
Kitch..jpg
Kitch..jpg [ 39.76 KiB | Viewed 3438 times ]
Attachment:
Wash.jpg
Wash.jpg [ 83.29 KiB | Viewed 3438 times ]
We have just had John (Universal Tile) complete about a week and a half of work. We had two jobs for him to tackle, our master shower and a kitchen back splash. On the kitchen he removed the old tiles (which was hideous) and tiled a glass back splash for us. My wife chose to go with a thick glass 'Blue Lagoon' tile (3" x 6"), 1/4" thick. She loves the look and it does make the kitchen pop!

Most of John's time was spent on redoing our master shower, I demolished the entire shower tiles and left a clean slate for John to begin with. We selected an 'Olive' (12" x 24") tile and combined it with two columns of some nice glass/stone accent tile (12" x 12" sheets) where the new shower fixtures (Riobel - Canadian mfg.) were installed. We highly recommend you checkout this Canadian Mfg. if you are looking for a quality shower fixture (no plastic parts). On the plumbing end we found a very reliable, honest and pleasant person who had the job done in 3 hrs. If you are looking for a good plumber that won't over charge you call Jim from Young's Plumbing (905) 691-5910 he is local. We called other plumbers that were mentioned on this forum and found their prices were inflated...no deals for local Villagers :(

As for John's work, what can I say all these people in Milton can't be wrong. He does take great care in his art and treats every job as his own personal baby. His attention to detail is extremely refreshing and amazing, considering these days you are lucky if you can find someone that can show up when they say they will, not to even mention do a decent job for you! John always did what he said he would do and was very good at communicating and scheduling his time with us.

So I say again...What can I say about John that hasn't already been posted sooooo many times in the Villager! John you are amazing and your work is fantastic, I would use you again without even soliciting others for quotes. Milton residents are lucky to have you as part of our community, I hope they take advantage of your expertise and prideful work for many years!! Thank you so much again!!!! :D
I have attached photos for all to see of both jobs, Cheers all!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 am 

Hi John. I sent you an email. Hoping to have you do some work for us. Your work looks great!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 am 

:) bump

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am 

I would like to thank John for the job well done. This is the second time we used John. I highly recommend John for any type of tile work.

Tarun

Attachments:
IMG_9285.JPG
IMG_9285.JPG [ 54.45 KiB | Viewed 3369 times ]
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:59 pm 

Your very welcome prot and Tarun!
Your kind reviews are much appreciated.
It was a pleasure! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 am 

I want to thank John of Universal Tile for an amazing job. I asked him to do floor to ceiling tiles in my bathroom and to also do a feature wall. I went to Tile Mart at the Superstore plaza and I found that they were very helpful with ideas for my very small bathroom.

He is super talented at what he does and he is a perfectionist. My bathroom is so beautiful now. I found him the nicest person to have in the house, very kind and always working hard.

I am so thankful for finding John on this site, fantastic work!!!!! John, my husband and I wish you nothing but the best:-D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 pm 

Hello everyone!

Those are some nice photos! I'm always happy to hear that my work leaves you smiling.
I would like to thank counsellor rick de Lorenzo for creating this website and giving me a place to promote my work. The Hawthorne villager allows me to work and live here in Milton.
Thank you everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:16 pm 

How do I contact John from Universal Tile? Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:26 pm 

A huge thank you to John. He did an amazing job on our backsplash. He is miticulous and has a high attention to detail. If I have any further tiling work in the future I will be sure to call you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 am 

John was by this weekend to install a kitchen backsplash for us. My wife and I are thrilled with the results. We'll be using John for any future projects and will happily recommend him to anyone else looking for an excellent tiler.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:27 pm 

John finished our backsplash on Friday and we are very pleased with how it turned out. We highly recommend him and would definitely use him again. Thanks again for the great job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:14 am 

Count us in among John at Universal Tile's happy customers!

John recently did ours and we couldn't be happier. He was easy to deal with, fair pricing and top-notch workmanship!

You can also count on John's accuracy/honesty: We had received a quote from another local company which I won't name. I had measured roughly 30 square feet of space to be tiled. I asked the other company to take their own measurements to let me know how much of the (non-refundable) tile I should order. I was shocked when I received a quote for 58 square feet. Their explanation to me on how they came to that figure didn't pass the smell test. I then did more research and found John's info.

John measured "just under 29 square feet" and had me order 30 just in case the extra tile was needed. He finished the job with exactly 1½ tiles (1.5 square feet) left over. Just thought I would share that story and to warn others to make sure you hire someone trusted and well-reviewed like John.

Thank goodness for this website and the helpful reviews!

Thanks again, John!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:58 am 

Does anyone have an email address for John? I've been PM'ing him and haven't been getting replies.. does he still do work in Milton?

Thanks

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:07 am 

Mahones wrote:
Does anyone have an email address for John? I've been PM'ing him and haven't been getting replies.. does he still do work in Milton?

Thanks

Chris

It's in his first post.

john.universaltiles@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next