HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:38 pm 

I needed a complete overhaul of my crappy Mattamy deck that was built for my elevated ("lookout") house - it was completely unsafe after 4 years in the house, especially with my 3 year old and baby. Chris did a great job in building a really nice replacement deck at a very reasonable price. The deck looks great with black pickets, a widened enclosed staircase, and is enclosed all around with wood to create a playhouse/storage area for the winter for my 2 little boys with a fun little barn door for them.

I would recommend his work to anyone! He was very fast and easy to deal with. I will for sure work with him again when we finally get moving on our basement.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:07 pm 

We're in the process of finishing our basement. Before we started we read the reviews posted on this forum as well as other home improvement sites. Krys came highly recommended here so we gave him a call. After speaking with him and getting a quote we decided to hire him for the framing work, which was just finished today.

All I can say is if all of the other trades we hire are as good as this we'll be very, very lucky. He was fantastic! His quotes were bang on. He told us it would take 3 days and it took 3 days. He made suggestions that made the space work even better than we had planned. He and his crew were the happiest workers I've seen :D

Excellent person to deal with, on time, honest and did an amazing job. I just wish he did everything else. I'd hire him again in a second and would recommend to anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:30 am 

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:19 pm 

Recently had Krys complete the sub flooring and framing in my basement and I am very pleased with the final product and the service rendered by Krys. He stuck to a quote that he had provided a year ago and completed the job within a couple of days. He even provided advise on completion of the other activities to finish the basement.

All in all very impressed and highly recommend Krys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:50 pm 

Krys did the framing and subfloor for my basement this spring. I chose him based on (a) reputation, (b) reasonable price, and (c) the fact that, when he came in to quote, he offered many useful suggestions to consider when finalizing my plan.

I was extremely happy with the completed work. They worked hard and quickly, with lots of singing. Hardworking, honest guys. I had a little modification after the fact and Krys came in and made the change free of charge.

Great customer service and a quality job. A++++.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 pm 

Just had Chris in to frame my basement. The whole process was extremely smooth, quick, and easy.

Chris was on time, under budget, clean and delivered on exactly what was asked.

I would definitely recommend Chris to anyone looking to have their basement framed or deck built.

Thanks Chris 2 Thumbs up!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 pm 

Hi Krys
Sent you a PM for quote on my basement.

Brian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:43 pm 

We had Chris From Kry's and his crew frame our basement just last week. We were extremely pleased will the results from start to finish. Chris is a genuine and professional individual and does exactly what he promises. He and his guys were on time, very polite and cleaned up afterwards very nicely. My kids got a kick out of listening to all three of them sing along to music in the basement while they worked...I've never heard such a happy crew! My youngest boy and his friend were caught spying on the guys a couple of times and they played around and teased the boys which was funny. Did I mention they were fast?!..Approximately 1000 sq ft was finished in 2 and a half days, with everything completely straight and precise. Best of all the final price came in exactly as was estimated. In fact it was slightly lower after some of the excess material was picked up by Rona, all of which Chris took care of. He could of very easily kept the extra material, not said anything and used it for the next job...so this was a nice surprise. I'm extremely glad we chose Kry's and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to have their basement framed. Overall a solid guy with a great work ethic and attitude. Thumbs way up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:17 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:26 pm 

For those of you who have had their framing done...would you be able to give me an estimate how much did it cost you per sqft?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:45 pm 

If any response pls PM that kind of information.That would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:04 pm 

After a lot of research on this site and others we decided to use Kry's Construction's framing services. We needed to refinish our basement and framing was the first step. If you have ever taken on a project like this you will know that the very base framing is the most important for a quality finish and usable design. Choosing a framer with lots of experience and good references was very important to us. I contacted Chris and he responded to my enquiry quickly and was onsite within days to quote the job. Chris's price and design expertise was well received and we agreed to start work within 2 weeks unless a he had a cancelation, enabling him to do it sooner. As a result Chris started a week early and was finished in one day. His craftsmanship was excellent and I was amazed how quickly he got the job done. They even cleaned up "spic and span" before they left. We are extremely pleased will the results from start to finish. Chris is a genuine, professional individual and does exactly what he promises. Chris even shared his contractor contacts for drywall boarding, putty and flooring. I would not hesitate to recommend or use Kry's Construction's in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next