HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lucan Corner Owners
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 am 

Strumf wrote:
We are in phase 17 and have railing on the left side only. Also saw other lucan there and it has the same only on the left side. They are two posts at the top of the stairs. One on each side. Picture is too big to upload but will try to resize after.

no worries. we got pictures of the railing on the left and the two posts on top, i think its on page 7.....

what lot are you from phase 17? i'm 62 on the corner of yates n hepburn... i'm sure theres some mattamy trailer office on my lot currently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 am 

We are on Bartlement Terrace.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 pm 

I think it will depend on what company the Mattamy Stair Contractor (I think Safeway stairs) subcontracts again for the carpentry for the railing. I think it is different phase to phase the same a the contractor for duct work etc is different.

That probably means all of Phase 17 will be left, and all of Phase 3 is right etc. just my guess.

Also there is a Lucan in Phase 7 for rent. This is the third lucan I have seen for rent.

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.a ... ultureId=1

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:25 pm 

Looks like they never caught the missing post at the top of the stairs. Also looks like their stairs are set closer to the door vs mine based on how much the top step is inset into the 2nd floor.

I am happy our HVAC guys didnt put the heating grate under the window beside the front door like in the listing.

Also looks like their foyer is reduced vs the plan. Not sure if they ran more ductwork through that angled wall but it is not suppose to have a kink before going to the closet passage way.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:49 am 

Very valuable info SnS86, We will see if we can avoid all those things by informing them in advance. According to my experience with them they are not that cooperative. I hope they dont cut the corners.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:39 am 

it was quite interesting and thorough at our design appt... Christina was our consultant. real good, blunt honesty two thumbs up.... she advised that the bulkheads cannot be fully removed, whether that was done in the past is one thing but currently they are still there but not in full, they are "recessed" bulkheads to allow crown moulding on the top, but if one wanted "stacked" cabinets, they cannot fit them in. She confirmed that the railing should be on the left side, with 3 posts(2 upstairs,1 downstairs), we wanted those Newell Square posts and according to our design guide cost $642/post, but she advised that when we change our pickets to square profile ($112 total) it includes square newell posts, and the only difference between these posts and victorian newell posts is the victorian posts has this border in the middle and widens at the base... so she saved us $17XX.XX in that one upgrade. the only thing i felt that was a rip off was the A/C unit. 2.0 ton unit for $3500.00!!! definitely well overpriced. we spent $16k($11k after $5k credit) in upgrades, the hardwood is what killed us, level 3 in greatroom, kitchen, dinette, upstairs family room and hallways was $7k, and because we went with a "Maple" hardwood they said we had to have "Maple" staircase which costs $1k to change. *shrugs* but all and all we are extremely happy with everything and don't feel ripped off.

we were well prepared going to the design centre many times before so we knew what we wanted which still took 2 hours. there was this other couple who didn't come prepared at all, and you can see the bags under the eyes of there consultant getting bigger with frustration lol....

we also got our exterior color palette and loving the color...

Attachments:
IMG_3349.JPG
IMG_3349.JPG [ 87.19 KiB | Viewed 952 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 am 

dj_idolize wrote:
it was quite interesting and thorough at our design appt... Christina was our consultant. real good, blunt honesty two thumbs up.... she advised that the bulkheads cannot be fully removed, whether that was done in the past is one thing but currently they are still there but not in full, they are "recessed" bulkheads to allow crown moulding on the top, but if one wanted "stacked" cabinets, they cannot fit them in. She confirmed that the railing should be on the left side, with 3 posts(2 upstairs,1 downstairs), we wanted those Newell Square posts and according to our design guide cost $642/post, but she advised that when we change our pickets to square profile ($112 total) it includes square newell posts, and the only difference between these posts and victorian newell posts is the victorian posts has this border in the middle and widens at the base... so she saved us $17XX.XX in that one upgrade. the only thing i felt that was a rip off was the A/C unit. 2.0 ton unit for $3500.00!!! definitely well overpriced. we spent $16k($11k after $5k credit) in upgrades, the hardwood is what killed us, level 3 in greatroom, kitchen, dinette, upstairs family room and hallways was $7k, and because we went with a "Maple" hardwood they said we had to have "Maple" staircase which costs $1k to change. *shrugs* but all and all we are extremely happy with everything and don't feel ripped off.

we were well prepared going to the design centre many times before so we knew what we wanted which still took 2 hours. there was this other couple who didn't come prepared at all, and you can see the bags under the eyes of there consultant getting bigger with frustration lol....

dj_idolize, very pretty exterior package. Did you get to chose your top three exterior packages, or was the one that you got completely random. Also, do you know how many different exterior packages there are for the English Mill elevation?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:09 am 

Looks good. For the bulkheads see what you can negotiate at your framewalk. And visit the site to make sure no utilities are running through them, then it should be easy to delete.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:56 am 

heather22003 wrote:
dj_idolize wrote:

dj_idolize, very pretty exterior package. Did you get to chose your top three exterior packages, or was the one that you got completely random. Also, do you know how many different exterior packages there are for the English Mill elevation?

Completely random. after we left our design appt, i emailed my mattamy customer care consultant to inquire if the exterior has already been determined. so she provided me with what there are going with. to my knowledge there is absolutely no say in the choices, nor do i have a clue other than seeing a house already erected as to what different color palettes... i would guess atleast 5 *shrugs* as mines says F-5... but who knows...

all and all we are pleased and anxious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:58 am 

SnS86 wrote:
Looks good. For the bulkheads see what you can negotiate at your framewalk. And visit the site to make sure no utilities are running through them, then it should be easy to delete.

thanks and i'll definitely be on top of that during the framewalk... my design consultant did mer-mer something about purchasers asking favors to get the bulkhead removed completely.... but most definitely i'll see, no harm in asking.... and thanks for all the great tips thus far....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:12 pm 

Hey not a problem. It was our first home and obviously first time getting from the builder so might as well pass on the lessons learned.

For the exterior package look here a lot of different ones are posted.

http://www.hawthornevillager.com/phpbb/ ... 10&t=59569

I was dissappointed how many times on Phase 3 my exterior was repeated as the forum and Phase 7 show there were many different ways to do it...the Mattamy Planner for Exteriors in Phase 3 is a lazy a-hole in my opinion lol. The same exterior is 10 houses away and then 10 houses away again.

Closing August 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:37 pm 

Dj_id- what is your lot #? We chose the same elevation and were also given the same exterior colour scheme for our house. We are #111- closing April 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:53 pm 

SnS86 how are you coming along with all the snow shoveling from the sidewalk all around your home. I was thinking about it that next year we will be doing the same. Its a long sidewalk to clean lol!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:56 pm 

Nice to know dj_ that your design centre appointment went well. The exterior color looks great as well. We jsut hope we dont get anything dark reddish in tone as we both like to have lighter color scheme. We just got a call the book is ready to be picked up.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:14 pm 

I visited the city months before the release to find out about sidewalk, electrical and Fire hydrants. So I picked my preferred lots with no sidewalks in advance lol. No snow shovelling required unless I have guests and need them to park on the 4 car driveway lol. Otherwise it's just covered since we have hardly had snow. Only thing I was unaware of was catch basins which we have 1...which sucks but isn't that bad.

Another item I remember for upgrades we got was the microwave rough in above stove for future since its a pain to change later.

Some items I wish I did was gas line for future capped for backyard and stove. But since our stove is on an exterior wall not a big deal. I think if we got gas stove above range microwaves don't have the scfm rating to handle gas...but would be nice to have option for future.

We were not happy with our exterior colours but have grown to like it.

Closing August 2014

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next