HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:39 pm 

Got the 2 tonne Lennox match for the furnace.

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:23 am 

+1 for 2ton.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:12 pm 

Renfrew Owners: Does the WIC upstairs look something like this, in terms of size?: http://i61.tinypic.com/211a2zb.jpg

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:05 pm 

We got the his and hers closet. Works very well for us. no fighting for space. Something to think about

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 am 

The arrangement of shelves actually look like that. But I dont think the WIC is as wide as the picture. It also doesn't seem as deep either. But that would be the wide angle lens that they are using.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:34 pm 

instead of talking on subjective terms like more, less, lets have the figures for the closet.

It is about 10 feet depth and about 5 feet width.

The above measurements are impressive for a closet and the picture in fact shows the above dimensions. It is deep (10 feet) and wider (5 feet).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm 

Hello guys,
Did anyone go with the included paint option? it stats in the the DC guide book that it's only one coat of paint,
Does that look ok or really cheap?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 pm 

It looks ok For Builder paint...just don't touch the walls the get dirty fast. I will be painting soon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:25 am 

Thanks eblaz,
I was thinking the same, that I can live with the included paint for a couple of years and then paint the whole house together with the basement..

At the end of the day if I buy the Wagner Auto power paint roller and the paint it will be less than half what Mattamy is charging!

Post subject: Renfrew DC answers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:05 am 

Hi guys, as Renfrew owners I really need your help here,
I sent some questions to the DC consultant and got these replies (in red),
Can you please tell me if that's normal, and advise me what to do.
thanks

1- How much is deleting the knew wall and making rail instead? Can we do that on only one side (the one alongside the stairs)? Price depends on which handrail & picket you go with but to give you a base price if you stay with the standard, it’s $582 + $1,273 = $1,855 – no, we don’t recommend you only do one side

2- How much to delete bulkheads in kitchen and living/dining area? (we are looking to have stacked cabinet, that's why) Unfortunately, I am unable to delete the bulkhead as there is mechanical/duct work running up there – there is no option to change that, therefore stacked uppers are not an option

3- Does the patio sliding door has a screen (grills)? or we have to order? Sliding screen - Yes! Grills have to be ordered separately $222 (but for looks only – not for security)

4- What is Alt kitchen? the only difference I can see from the drawings is adding vertical cabinet beside the wall at the Fridge place. Does that take from the fridge space? Anything else I'm missing in the Alt Kitchen? You didn’t order this option from the Sales Office so this doesn’t apply to you. You have the Standard Kitchen layout

5- Couldn't find what's included in the Garage door? Not sure I understand what you’re asking can you please clarify?

6- Which window is operating in each room? No, unfortunately they do not indicate which pane will be operating in each room, you can always order a second operating pane for $276/room

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:58 am 

1 I recommend doing both it just looks better. We upgraded our pickets to the square style and deleted the knee wall. we paid about 1600 for that option.
2 We got the "Grande" package and with this option the cabinets go up to the bulkhead and they are pretty tall cabinets
3I would advise against the grills. We had it at out old house and it made it look like a prison, until we changed it it felt more open (just my opinion)
4 on the windows typically the right side is the operational window.

hope this helps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:02 pm 

eblaz wrote:
1 I recommend doing both it just looks better. We upgraded our pickets to the square style and deleted the knee wall. we paid about 1600 for that option.
2 We got the "Grande" package and with this option the cabinets go up to the bulkhead and they are pretty tall cabinets
3I would advise against the grills. We had it at out old house and it made it look like a prison, until we changed it it felt more open (just my opinion)
4 on the windows typically the right side is the operational window.

hope this helps

Thanks elbow for ur reply as usual :)

- well, I was thinking of the same, switching to squarish pickets, and I think we'll go for the complete thing as you advised
- the Grand and the normal kitchen on the drawings have the same cabinets height! So I assume there is nothing to do about this, right?
- thanks for the advise, I will go with it
- I was worried about big rooms windows. The Dining/living has one big window on one side (we didn't upgrade to fireplace) and another window on the other side, so will they both have operating panes?
the basement had three windows, two on one wall and one on the other, will they have only one operating pane?

u know i feel a little dumb to ask simple questions, but this is literally our first home, to buy and to live in! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:51 pm 

Elbow?....lol love it!!

When I told you that typically the right side window opens I was talking about the mirror image of the plan drawing. you know that the house can be flipped to the mirror image of the drawing right? that is what we got.So if you get the same as the plan you might get the left window opening. and to answer the question about the basement they all open. Especially if you got the rec package the bigger windows are required if you are putting bedroom you nerd a point of egress.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:19 pm 

Oups, sorry eblaz, the autocorrect common mistakes :((

thanks again :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:43 pm 

Guys,
We are trying to think how to install kitchen light without making holes in the kitchen cabinets (as much as we can)
and I was wondering if any of you did that? do you advise us to add something on the design centre that will help us with this point?
Can you share some pix pls :)))

Appreciate it :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next