HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:03 am 

Can you park two cars in the garage? Is this considered a 1.5 garage or two car garage? Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:22 pm 

with small car yes you can. CIVIC and RAV4 can. But with van and civic it is hard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:30 pm 

Hello Pelham owners,

We have booked a Pelham EM. Recently I went to see a Pelham model for sale at yates drive. I found two things which I think are different in the floor plan which I can see on mattamy's website. Please correct me if I am wrong.
1. In our plan, I can see the mud room near the entrance, where as this house had mud room opening from the kitchen corner.
2. I dont think that we have any v shape pillar between the breakfast area and the great room. This house had a pillar join with another pillar of the dinning area which was creating a kind of door in the middle of the kitchen. It is really hard to explain but I am sure the existing owners can understand. The map which I have has only one pillar in the dining area. The rest of the area looks open. If anyone have seen the water leaf model house in Oakville, it should almost look like (Only the dinning, great room and kitchen plus breakfast area.)
3. The island in the kitchen looks very different from the one I can see in the plan which I have.
The house on sale was year old house. do you think they make changes in designs that frequently ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:34 pm 

We also saw a couple of Pelham models for sale and noticed the same things you listed. I thought maybe they updated the kitchen layout with the newer phases because it is very different on our floor plan, or maybe it was an architectural upgrade they used to offer. Also not sure about the pillar between the kitchen/breakfast area and great room. It doesn't look like there should be one from our floor plan, but I looked at the one for the Waterleaf model you noted, and it doesn't show the pillars on that plan either :S. I wonder if Mattamy would be able to let us know?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:56 pm 

Yes, the layout of the kitchen has been changed, it is not a structural upgrade. I went to the open house too but wasnt surprised to see the difference as i have already read about it when one Pelham owner who purchased a year earlier than us commented in another thread about how her kitchen is different from the new release. I think ours looks better though i still wish to have a regular rectangular island. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 pm 

Thank you guys. I wish Mattamy thought about the apartment size entrance area of this model too. I am really happy that our mud room is near our foyer because I want to use that extra closet as my coat closet. Also, I wanna share some ideas about this house. If you like, you can use it. these are my dreams about this house. How will I materialize them I have no idea. I dont like the way it has a closet right in front of the entrance. I would do something to convert that closet space into a furniture niche kind of. If you visit Water leaf model in oakville, you can see that just after the foyer before entering in the dining area. If mattamy can not help us, I am sure we can get it done later by ourselves. That is really beautiful and will give this house a bit stylish look. I will have wood flooring throughout the main floor including foyer and kitchen that will give a flow to this floor plan. what do you guys think. Yes I really wish they give us rectangle island just like they have in model homes. Actually they better give us because I hate other type of islands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:48 pm 

finally we had our AC appointment yesterday. We picked these
9 ft ceiling upstairs
Tray ceiling in master bed
Super shower
Rec room ready package

I am still thinking about tray ceiling but my husband wants it. Is there anyone who have seen 9ft ceiling plus tray ceiling. How does it look?

Pelham EM
Phase 8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm 

chocholate wrote:
finally we had our AC appointment yesterday. We picked these
9 ft ceiling upstairs
Tray ceiling in master bed
Super shower
Rec room ready package

I am still thinking about tray ceiling but my husband wants it. Is there anyone who have seen 9ft ceiling plus tray ceiling. How does it look?

We got the same AC upgrades except the tray ceiling. We were tempted to get the tray ceiling too but opted to just put the additional $2800 in DC upgrades instead as the 2nd floor 9ft ceiling is already costing a fortune :D Check the model homes in Oakville, they all have both the 9ft and tray.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:01 pm 

Actually I think some of those oakville ones might have ten foot ceilings because they are crazy high, I havent asked the office tho so I dont know for sure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 am 

Hello Pelham owners,

If you have your D/C appointment done, can anyone please tell me if we allowed to remove bulk head in our kitchens or even that is not allowed in our case.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:12 pm 

chocholate wrote:
Hello Pelham owners,

If you have your D/C appointment done, can anyone please tell me if we allowed to remove bulk head in our kitchens or even that is not allowed in our case.

We were able to remove the bulk head in our kitchen :) However they did warn us at our DC appointment that he may not be possible but we asked anyway. We get the keys to our new home on May 12th.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm 

Congrats Ecuador!

Would you mind sharing some pictures of your house if possible? specially the kitchen and the entrance area etc

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:20 pm 

I am interested to see some pictures of new pelham model from inside. How does it look like without a wall between breakfast area and the living room. Also, the mud room near the entrance. Can someone please post some pictures if already moved in. Remember there is a little bit difference in pelham at south village as compare to pelham built near James snow.