HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 am 

antoine.net wrote:
Sach1 wrote:
We too, lot 28. Closing May end. What's lot no's are you all on?

Hello neighbour we are on Lot 34. Lot 28 is very close to us, u have the Sherkston?

Hi there. We have the Sherkston too, looking forward to moving soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 am 

Does anyone know of good daycares conveniently located for phase 17? Any news on school rezoning and bus facility for the proposed new school?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 am 

Sach1 wrote:
Does anyone know of good daycares conveniently located for phase 17? Any news on school rezoning and bus facility for the proposed new school?

When are you letting your children attend school? If they are going to attend for the remainder of this school year, I believe that they could still go to Tiger Jeet Singh as the boundary changes are for next year. If you are intending to let your children attend school for the 2015-2016 school year then things are different.

for phase 17, your child should be attending the new Milton #9 School if he/she is in Regular Day school, Grade 8 Regular Day School Students go to Tiger Jeet Singh.
If your child is in French Immersion then he/she should be attending Anne J Macarthur.

The bussing eligibility for Halton Students is 1.6 km, so there will be bussing for Anne J Macarthur, but I am unsure about the #9 School.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:07 am 

Thanks; this certainly helps. I guess we'll be looking at sw# 9, school bus would definitely help.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:22 am 

Hey everyone,

Have been in our house for about a week, here is the picture of the kitchen sans backsplash and hoodfan

Attachments:
IMG_27261.jpg
IMG_27261.jpg [ 98.92 KiB | Viewed 4962 times ]

Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 am 

Beautiful kitchen pymm! What cabinets did you choose? Thanks!

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:06 pm 

We did upgrade the cabinets, but can't remember what level. Also, not sure why the photo is upside down.

It's worth upgrading the handles. Their base handles have different size holes which are hard to replace later. Plus price is comparable to 3rd party buy and time spent on installation. And we didn't nullify the warranty that way.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:24 am 

pymm wrote:
We did upgrade the cabinets, but can't remember what level. Also, not sure why the photo is upside down.

It's worth upgrading the handles. Their base handles have different size holes which are hard to replace later. Plus price is comparable to 3rd party buy and time spent on installation. And we didn't nullify the warranty that way.

I recently read somewhere that you can delete kitchen hardware and install it after closing, it saves you a couple hundred bucks but I don't think that it's worth it. And btw we ordered the same handles for our kitchen as yours :)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:58 am 

SabinaZ wrote:
pymm wrote:

I recently read somewhere that you can delete kitchen hardware and install it after closing, it saves you a couple hundred bucks but I don't think that it's worth it. And btw we ordered the same handles for our kitchen as yours :)

Yes, you absolutely can delete the hardware and go through the pain of installing it yourself. Making sure all handles are aligned and straight and no cabinets crack is a huge task, and after all of that you lose your warranty :roll: Also its worth checking the price with other retailers. We were going to go with IKEA handles (close to the ones Mattamy provides) but they would have been close to 400$ without installation costs. It was definitely worth it for us considering we went for a larger kitchen with lots of cabinets.

Good choice on the handles! they look very nice

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:11 am 

pymm wrote:

We're probably going to get the "Toronto" cabinets (Classic line). There's another cabinet I've been thinking recently that is more Shaker style (I think it's called Manhattan?). I'll have to check it out the next time I go to the DC. I guess it depends on if we want a more modern or traditional look. But we're not in a rush right now because we haven't even got our DC book yet! :(

We may go the route of deleting the kitchen hardware though. I don't really like any the handles enough to pay that much money to upgrade (I think the longer handles we chose for our current Mattamy home came to about $400?? - we like them with our shaker cabinets, but if we go with a more traditional look, they won't go). I also kinda like the look of knobs on the uppers and handles on the lowers/drawers, but I don't think you can even pay Mattamy extra to mix the two.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:31 am 

lalexa wrote:

We may go the route of deleting the kitchen hardware though. I don't really like any the handles enough to pay that much money to upgrade (I think the longer handles we chose for our current Mattamy home came to about $400?? - we like them with our shaker cabinets, but if we go with a more traditional look, they won't go). I also kinda like the look of knobs on the uppers and handles on the lowers/drawers, but I don't think you can even pay Mattamy extra to mix the two.

Yes, please do that prior to ordering hardware for your kitchen. We measured the hole width from 3rd party and the Mattamy standard ones were too narrow. That means if you want to have holes pre-drilled and switch hardware you need up upgrade at least to lvl2 (that's how they get you!) I would also reserve the installation post the 30-day inspection (which can be annoying, but you can fix issues you will find). We saw a few cabinets misaligned and there were damaged cabinets as well (you can see green tape on the pic).

We visited DC a lot, but it all pays off because the actual appointment is a blur, but the good news our appointed designer was really good and helped us a bunch with making right choices and avoiding some poor ones.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 10:23 am 

^ That's good advice! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 pm 

Nice upside down kitchen! Lol

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 am 

Sherky wrote:
Nice upside down kitchen! Lol

one of a kind upgrade, Mattamy didn't want to do at first, but we threw money at them and they nailed everything to the ceiling. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 am 

For those of you that are interested in pictures. A Sherkston got sold yesterday:

http://www.century21.ca/thekormendytrottteam/Property/ON/L9T_8Z8/Milton/620_Langholm_Street