HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Final Photos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:43 am 

*edit*

Last edited by Heather&Chris on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm 

Heather and Chris.

Your home is beautiful!! I love love love the colour choices in your master bath and in your kitchen.

How are you guys? Are you settling in well. Remember your 30 days is coming up next week. Mine is on Friday. I can hardly believe I have been in for 30 days already.

Talk to you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:38 pm 

*edit*

Last edited by Heather&Chris on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 pm 

*edit*

Last edited by Heather&Chris on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Final Photos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:12 pm 

Heather&Chris wrote:
Sorry for so many pictures! Hope these help those of you considering buying Westgates or currently waiting for theirs to be built! We are loving ours!

Take care,
Heather

Wow, Heather your home is so beautiful! Your kitchen tile really stands out; it's fabulous. And so many other things to admire. Just lovely.

But don't ever be sorry for posting too many pictures -- there is no such thing as too many pictures! As if we could ever tire of looking at home decor choices, lol.

Congrats on your gorgeous home, and thanks for sharing the pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 pm 

Heather&Chris wrote:
Hey Andrea - got your phone call yesterday but haven't had a chance to call back yet... darn kids keeping me busy! Ok, house too! I can't believe it's been three weeks for us tomorrow as well. I'm still unpacking and doing general "moving" type stuff but it's getting easier. Loving it here! We finally got internet/cable a few days ago... luckily we didn't miss it too much right away! Come on over anytime, don't be shy, I'm usually here ...make sure to knock because the doorbell isn't working :)

MAM - Thank you for the compliments! Yes, the paint colour in our home is Portobello :)

Hey Heather,

No wonder. I came by the other evening. Monday evening around 8pm. I went for a walk to see my cousin's house on the other end of your street and saw the two cars but didn't get an answer when I rang the door bell. Next time I will knock. Anyways glad your settling in well. Talk to you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:51 am 

*edit*

Last edited by Heather&Chris on Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Westgate on MLS
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:56 pm 

Sure looks like a Westgate to me! Listed for $394,900. :shock:

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.a ... Id=9632817

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:32 pm 

Hi Heather& Chris, your home is beautiful! I wanted to know if you remember which stain you chose for your oak stairs and what style cabinets you chose for your kitchen. I was at the DC last week and was sooo overwhelmed!!! Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did Mattamy charge you to upgrade the handles for the cabinets? I was going to get my husband to do them afterwards but if Mattamy is charging a reasonable price it will save my husband the extra work. Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:36 pm 

Hello Westgaters.

We just recently puchased a westgate home with Mattamy.
Our closing in Nov 2011.
So excited to see some pics shared by fellow westgaters :-)

Would love to see more pics if others are willing to share.
Had quick questions to all - what kind of upgrades did you get with the decor center and what upgrades you did after close? if you do not mind sharing the price that would be awesome.

Few things i was considering was -
- raised breakfast
- hardwood in family room
- granite counter tops
- upgrade to steel applicances

please list upgrades did you get with the decor center and what upgrades you did after close?
Thanx in advance!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:34 pm 

You can buy your appliances at Sears in town and they will hold it for you until you move in as well as price match within 30 days of you taking delivery. This is what I'm doing. Get your hardwood and counter tops after you close. I know it's a bit of a hassle but you get better workmanship and lower prices this way. Only get the bare essentials from the builder, trust me. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 pm 

SandC wrote:
Hello Westgaters,

Me and my husband just bought a westgate that's closing Feb 2012. We are both VERY excited :) Even though we have a long way to go, we've already been to the design centre. One of the things we are already wondering about is about potlights and backsplash after closing, i was just wondering if anyone has added these after closing and how difficult/expensive it was to do so and if you would recommend me to do it either before or after closing.

Thanks!

I'm getting potlights installed after I move in. Mattamy wanted $213 per potlight and I can have them professional installed for $80 each, no mess, no extra holes to patch and esa inspected. There are many good companies out there that do a great job for a fair price.

http://homestars.com/companies/2771545- ... ectric-inc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:27 pm 

Howdy, my wife and I have one of the oldest westgates in Milton so I imagine upgrade prices are double what we paid ; )

I agree about hardwood after closing unless you want it in the kitchen then get the builder to do it. Ditto on the backsplash, if you find laminate that you are happy with delete the back lip so it is more of a butt joint with the wall then the backsplash looks far better.

For potlights the best bet is to have mattamy install and extra switch and an extra box then just punch the box out, replace with a pot and run extra wire for the rest. Usually works fine until you find a red plastic pipe in the wrong spot :P

My biggest change was tearing out the main floor closet right after closing. Was a huge job and was kinda scary on a brand new house but the results rule. The basement door, closet door and garage door are a total gong show on the model so removing the closet door and a small wall opens it up awesome. We put in a bench and a wall cubby with hooks and it works well. Its been done for a couple years but I am too lazy to put pics up. Maybe in 2011...

Have fun, enjoy the Westgate and fight for both sets of stairs on the porch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:48 pm 

Sadly, Mattamy no longer lets you delete the back lip on the Laminate counter unless you get the slide in range, or you buy the backsplash through them, or you get quartz/granite counters. If you like the back lip, it's WAY cheaper to do the backsplash yourself. If you don't like the lip, you're stuck with a Mattamy upgrade (or replacing the counter yourself later on too).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 am 

Hey there, that's our house! I'm glad you like it! I didn't see what other house you were speaking of.. what were they asking? I was pretty confident with our price, but now I'm wondering if we are pricing too low.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next