HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 am 

I think it's a step in the right direction. Would certainly need to evaluate the level of service that could be provided in each community under such a plan.

Gerry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:14 am 

It would definately be able to help those people who work in outlining areas like Burlington and Oakville to entice them to take public transit.

Right now there are no viable options for them for public transit and it would be a step in the right direction. Cost wise it would help as they would be split between the municipalities...obviously the percentages would have to be negogiated.

Its not an idea that can be dismissed for sure.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

It sucks that it worked out to be that this meeting is being held at basically the same time as Milton's Official Plan Review (Growth Conformity) public open house :cry: http://www.milton.ca//plandev/opr/OPRNo ... ch2010.pdf

In theory one could maybe first go to the Halton Transit presentation at 7pm, leave around 8pm-ish and still see some of the Milton official plan review open house before it closes at 9pm. But I hate to rush from one to the other.

I know the Milton one also has an open house hours from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm today as well, but it's difficult for some people to take time off work to go during the day. The evening ones are more easy to attend.

Who's going to which tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm 

I'd love to go to both, but if I make it to any it will be the town official plan review. Not even sure about that because I'm desperately trying to wrap up some final tasks for work before I go off on mat leave Thursday....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm 

Thanks everyone for your posts.

The Regional Transportation Master Plan meeting held tonight had a number of people there from all parts of the community with a number of questions and comments made during the presentation. Thanks to everyone who attended.

If you could not attend and want more information here is the presentation boards and more details on the next meetings and the public workshop which will be held on Saturday June 5th.

www.halton.ca/htmp

You can also sign up for future meetings and make your comments known to regional staff who are working on the report.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Member of the Halton transportation advisory committee
Candidate for Local & regional councillor.
Wards 2,3,4,5. North of Derry road.