HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 am 

Hi everyone! I've got a buyer looking to jump on a reasonably priced Hillsview or Croftside (must be an end unit)
They can close in 2 weeks or 12 weeks (very flexible).

They know what the homes are worth, and are willing to pay fair market price (so they won't be submitting insulting lowballs).
If you are thinking about selling soon or in this spring, save the headache and let me know, email me asap and potentially save a good chunk of the commission (you wouldn't even have to list on MLS, so it would be similar to selling privately with only 1 agent involved!)

Thanks! :)

Fred

search for Milton's Favourite Realtor!

REVEL REALTY -- MILTON'S FAVOURITE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE, as voted by YOU!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm 

It's amazing to me that people seek out a Mattamy model home, but not the other builders. This builder bias is going to kill me in the summer as I list my Arista home, oh well my next is going to be a Mattamy home :).

Sorry for hijacking this tread, and best of luck in finding the appropriate match.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm 

This person knows exactly what layout they want, having done tradeswork inside many of these models. When people know what they want, they know what they want :)

The majority of buyers in Milton today are not that specific, so you wont have any trouble selling!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 pm 

People are attracted to layout, and worry about workmanship later...sad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm 

I said he has worked inside many of these homes himself, so he's also familiar with the workmanship.

There are pros and cons to every builder, and I educate when showing what to look out for... especially the most common issues found in the earlier Mattamy phases when looking at the older Croftsides.

Basically, you're insulting him for knowing what models he likes, or you're insulting 95% of the people on this forum for buying a Mattamy home.
I sell them all without bias, and will always discuss difference between builders. What's sad about somebody knowing what they want?
You're allowed to have your opinion about the homes you prefer, (as you said a long while back), but doesn't that mean everyone else is allowed as well? What's sad about that?

The McCutcheon is indeed 2700 sqft of beauty, but some people just want a nice little 13-1500sqft town, they don't want to pay high end builder premiums or be restricted by choice. Enter the highly available Hillsview and Croftside. Their preference, their choice. Not sad at all in my opinion.
Yes I am showing them others from other builders, but this forum is full of Mattamy folks, many of whom have these models or have neighbours with these models. I stand by my original post as it was intended to help my client with a possible pre-MLS option (even though I LOVE the occasional debate, let's leave that for another time and place, if that's ok?)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:40 pm 

Fred D wrote:
I said he has worked inside many of these homes himself, so he's also familiar with the workmanship.

There are pros and cons to every builder, and I educate when showing what to look out for... especially the most common issues found in the earlier Mattamy phases when looking at the older Croftsides.

Basically, you're insulting him for knowing what models he likes, or you're insulting 95% of the people on this forum for buying a Mattamy home.
I sell them all without bias, and will always discuss difference between builders. What's sad about somebody knowing what they want?
You're allowed to have your opinion about the homes you prefer, (as you said a long while back), but doesn't that mean everyone else is allowed as well? What's sad about that?

The McCutcheon is indeed 2700 sqft of beauty, but some people just want a nice little 13-1500sqft town, they don't want to pay high end builder premiums or be restricted by choice. Enter the highly available Hillsview and Croftside. Their preference, their choice. Not sad at all in my opinion.
Yes I am showing them others from other builders, but this forum is full of Mattamy folks, many of whom have these models or have neighbours with these models. I stand by my original post as it was intended to help my client with a possible pre-MLS option (even though I LOVE the occasional debate, let's leave that for another time and place, if that's ok?)

So true Fred! I love my Mattamy layout and my recent one year inspection through Mike Holmes Inspections found the home with next to no issues......the inspector said it was actually well built.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:49 pm 

I'm not talking about your person. I was responding to what Dan said: "It's amazing to me that people seek out a Mattamy model home, but not the other builders."

I'm saying that layout/builder name isn't everything. Workmanship is just as important, and it's sad that people don't do their research. People like what they like, but musn't be drawn to layout/builder alone.

I hadn't heard of Intracorp and had heard of Mattamy (to no end). I know whom I prefer, and I'll take workmanship over layout. Luckily I got both. Hope I'm clear. Please ask for clarification before dissertation. I wasn't berating your buyer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm 

Layout was the single most important thing to us in buying our home. We wanted a home to fit the way we live, and an awkward layout that doesn't suit your family will be an ongoing source of frustration no matter what the workmanship.

For us that meant things like large closets at both the front door and back garage entry, a garden door off kitchen (not sliders) and place to hang coats & dog leashes (preferably hidden from view) near that back door, large dining room with seating for 8, separate his/hers walk-in closets, 2nd floor laundry, large sized shower in the ensuite with room to add shower seat as we age, large kitchen to accommodate oversized appliances, main floor office with big windows and some kind of view, a front porch, and many more things. All those things were must-haves on our list.

There are surprisingly few homes that offered all of these things. One Arista model for which we'd have needed to renovate to get the upstairs laundry and dual walk-ins -- we almost bought it but couldn't get our choice of lots. Then Mattamy released the new layouts -- same ones they have now -- and they are fabulous layouts.

I think the layouts of Mattamy homes are a HUGE part of the reason they sell so well and so quickly. And they provide good value compared to some other builders, and their workmanship is fine.

Back to the topic of Hillsview -- I can totally see why a town buyer is attracted to that layout, I would be too! Great sized kitchen for the space, open to good-sized family room and dining areas with lots of windows for natural light, nice sized front porch, large closet right at entry (you'd think that would be a given but surprisingly it's not with a lot of homes), decent sized master, walk-in closet, two bathrooms upstairs with a huge shower in the ensuite, and upstairs laundry (rare for a town!). That is a great floorplan and not a lot of townhomes have all those features.

I know it's human nature to defend your own decisions, and I'm sure your Intracorp how was a great buy for you and works well for your family. But I don't get why you feel the need to insult Mattamy buyers by saying things like "it's sad that people don't do their research" ... geeez. We've done our research just fine, thank you very much.