HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:03 am 

I just want to know what to expect before I complete my framewalk. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 am 

I was wondering the cost (ball park) to replace a Hi-Velocity system with a normal gas furnace system, in a Village home?

I'd imagine that it would be costly to install conventional duct work, if it could even be done at all.

Or, is there a better option?
Have these Hi-Velocity systems improved drastically since 2007, and replacing my old system would solve all of my heating and cooling woes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am 

Retrodiver wrote:
I was wondering the cost (ball park) to replace a Hi-Velocity system with a normal gas furnace system, in a Village home?

I'd imagine that it would be costly to install conventional duct work, if it could even be done at all.

Have these Hi-Velocity systems improved drastically since 2007, and replacing my old system would solve all of my heating and cooling woes?

Great question. We have replaced many of the Tempmizer high velocity systems over the past few years. It would be too costly to change to a conventional forced air system as we would have to replace your ductwork throughout your home.

We would recommend the Air Max line of high velocity air handlers. We have installed many in the village homes and our clients have been very pleased with the systems.

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am 

Retrodiver wrote:

Great question. We have replaced many of the Tempmizer high velocity systems over the past few years. It would be too costly to change to a conventional forced air system as we would have to replace your ductwork throughout your home.

We would recommend the Air Max line of high velocity air handlers. We have installed many in the village homes and our clients have been very pleased with the systems.

viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:30 am 

Where would I find the "C" wire from my Hi-Velocity system, so I can run it to power a new thermostat (is Nest), or is NEST not compatible with these systems?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:41 pm 

Nest should be compatible as all the new homes being built by Mattamy come with the Nest thermostat including the units with Hi-Velocity system. I am not sure about the wiring but compatibility wise it should work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:54 am 

awais wrote:
Nest should be compatible as all the new homes being built by Mattamy come with the Nest thermostat including the units with Hi-Velocity system. I am not sure about the wiring but compatibility wise it should work.

My home is a few years old, and I have found out that that the Nest will work with the system, however, my current thermostat only has 4 wires, and Nest "steals" power from these wires if it doesn't have it doesn't have its own dedicated power source ("C" wire).
This can result in the system powering on randomly to charge the internal battery of the thermostat.
Having the "c" wire connected is the cure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 pm 

Hello,
So we bought out Mattamy Village townhome in 2009 with a humidifier. Mattamy installed a Honeywell tru-steam humidifier and after 2 years we have had problem with it not working and keeps saying it needs service.
We are thinking of getting a new humidifier since the one Mattamy installed is not the best on the market.
From what I understand, with the type of vent system we have we don't have a lot of options for replacing the humidifier. We have the circular floor vents.
What can we do

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 pm 

Hi Rick, I have a new home, and the water never get hot enough even though we have turned the hot water tank heat dial up and up!
Is this because of the builder installed some kind of valve above the tank to control the temperature?
If so, can I turn that up to increase hot water temperature?

There is some valve above the new water tank.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:05 pm 

What humidity level would you suggest the house be at? I've heard 30-50 from some people, and 50-70 from others. Mine is currently 35-45 (according to the ecobee on the main level).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:40 am 

I was wondering if having a water softener for a hi-velocity system is advisable due to all the plumbing that is involved in this kind of heating/cooling system?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:20 pm 

Hi,
I have a temp mizer he-52h, there is also a grundfos pump mounted next to it, with 2 water pipes going in the furnace. Does this mean my heating is thru hot water? The air coming out of the vents is slightly warm, takes a long time to reach 19 or 20C.
Is there a way i can turn up the furnace so that air is warmer or hot?
thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:09 am 

saraM wrote:
Hi,
I have a temp mizer he-52h, there is also a grundfos pump mounted next to it, with 2 water pipes going in the furnace. Does this mean my heating is thru hot water? The air coming out of the vents is slightly warm, takes a long time to reach 19 or 20C.
Is there a way i can turn up the furnace so that air is warmer or hot?
thanks.

Your system uses hot water from your hot water tank to heat your home.
Turn up the temperature on the hot water tank/and or have it serviced and see if that helps.

If not, it could be the control board on the air handler; these systems, particularly the Temp Mizers are troublesome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 pm 

Thanks for the reply. The tankless water heater is set to 120F, should i raise is more?
our house is about 8 yrs old, dont know how worn out the coils are. But this method of heating is pathetic, especially if you are living in canada.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:24 pm 

PM sent to Sara.

Thanks,

Craig

viewtopic.php?t=24763

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next