HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Andrew Scenic Acres
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
Hodor wrote:

Still up 32%!

This is just nuts right now. I'm tempted to put even more in. We are seeing all this appreciation and the market isn't even open to the public!

Put in a little more yesterday, all in Aurora.

Colorado just hit $1 billion in sales at the end of September. Population 5.5 million. Canada is going to see ridiculous numbers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:03 pm 

Should not really come as a surprise (well to those in the thread with an education) but this basically will be the new poor tax
In CO marijuana easily outsells alcohol and tobacco

Most marijuana smokers lack even a high school diploma
The vast majority of marijuana sales are to a smaller group who consumes excessive quantities of it
Most marijuana smokers had low household incomes

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/14/st ... -the-most/

Some of the reasons you can get "medical" marijuana in Canada are just laughable

https://medicalmarijuana.ca/patients/who-is-eligible-3/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm 

Aren’t lower income people in general are the biggest consumers of alcohol, junk food, and anything inexpensive that’s also “bad” for you? As taboos are eroded and the older anti-ganja generation dies off, attitudes will change. But in the end I don’t care who’s buying it as long as those stock prices keep climbing!

You’d also have to wonder if better educated individuals are simply less willing to admit they consume cannabis, given that it’s still a schedule 1 drug federally in the USA.

Just out of curiosity, whom in this thread do you believe is without “an education?”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm 

Tough day. Is this a buy or sell signal for you guys?
I am completely avoiding this sector regardless. I've been burned by insider trading before, never again.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:34 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Tough day. Is this a buy or sell signal for you guys?
I am completely avoiding this sector regardless. I've been burned by insider trading before, never again.

Volatility is nothing new to this sector.
Everything is still quite high compared to even 3 months ago.
Portfolio took a 5% hit today.
Whether it’s buy or sell time depends on how much you believe in the industry.
This is not insider trading. Not even close.

Personally I will probably buy more shares tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 am 

Well despite a couple ups and downs last week, my total portfolio is higher than it was last monday. Even used the dip in share prices to buy in at a lower price :)

If people are looking to do day trading and make a quick buck, this is not the sector to do it as it is extremely volatile. However, if you are willing to buy and hold for 5 years, with a diversified portfolio, this is a very golden opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
Well despite a couple ups and downs last week, my total portfolio is higher than it was last monday. Even used the dip in share prices to buy in at a lower price :)

If people are looking to do day trading and make a quick buck, this is not the sector to do it as it is extremely volatile. However, if you are willing to buy and hold for 5 years, with a diversified portfolio, this is a very golden opportunity.

But do you have an education?

Post subject: Weed Stocks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am 

Too much piggybacking going on in the other threads, so making a new one. Big news today regarding a buy in from a top S&P500 company investing in Canopy. Big bump to the market today as a result. To me, the better sign is this just added legitimacy to this market. This is a sign of things to come as big company money will start investing in this market.

There are still going to be some big ups and downs in the next 6-8 months, but once the rec market opens, prepare yourselves for the gains!

Post subject: Re: Weed Stocks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:34 am 

i think this whole market is very speculative and the price is based on the market fad.

canopy for example has been losing money for the last 3 years. they lost more money last year than previous years. their P/E is horrible.

Yes you can argue that once weed gets legit their stocks profits will soar but that's all speculative as well as there will be other producers coming online and who knows that the restrictions are on the growers/ companies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:46 am 

You are very right in that it is all speculative right now. Its a gamble, nobody is saying it isn't. However, the signs are all moving in the right direction. The investment from big global players is a sign that this industry is now being taken very seriously. I am not a smart man, but I do rely on the decisions of smart men when making mine. Time will certainly tell how this all is going to shake out.

Everytime I feel a little uncertain, I ask myself a couple questions. 1. How did people feel about alcohol industry investments prior to prohibition? 2. Is there a market for this in Canada? Who has the greatest ability to serve the market?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:46 pm 

What a day!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:34 am 

Near 100% return in 60 days.
More than triple daily trading volumes last 2 weeks.
And some might still argue there is no insider trading here. Be wary my friends as those warrant expiration dates approach.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 am 

Norts999 wrote:
And some might still argue there is no insider trading here. Be wary my friends as those warrant expiration dates approach.

Are you suggesting that there might actually be some risk in a new, volatile market that is essentially one giant minefield of question marks?

The hell are you smoking?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:37 am 

Hodor wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

Are you suggesting that there might actually be some risk in a new, volatile market that is essentially one giant minefield of question marks?

The hell are you smoking?

Well no, not really, it was deeper than that, but stopping at the headline is a start.
I have this preconceived notion there might be some organized corruption intrinsic to the sector. Government officials especially.
No offence to the end users. They are generally nice people. Most of the middle men seem nice too.

-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 am 

Well, to nobody's surprise the stocks are back down again today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next