HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weed Stocks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:41 am 

What stocks are you holding? Everything I have is averaging 5% on the day (so far that is). Unless of coarse that was sarcasm, which in my money fueled erection state, I won't be able to pick up on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:05 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
What stocks are you holding? Everything I have is averaging 5% on the day (so far that is). Unless of coarse that was sarcasm, which in my money fueled erection state, I won't be able to pick up on.

Yeah I was kidding. Portfolio now topped 40% return since June.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:51 pm 

Thanks to the mysterious moderator who merged the threads, appreciate it.

Now we can have proof of those folks who called us out for being uneducated.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:57 pm 

And now this...

http://business.financialpost.com/busin ... galization

Getting better and better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm 

NotHawthorny wrote:
Thanks to the mysterious moderator who merged the threads, appreciate it.

Now we can have proof of those folks who called us out for being uneducated.
you're welcome. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:05 am 

Hodor wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:

Hodor. Instead of me reading through this all (lol). Can you give me those stock symbols. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:15 am 

catyvo22 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:

Hodor. Instead of me reading through this all (lol). Can you give me those stock symbols. Thanks in advance.

If you can't be bothered skimming through a couple of pages on the internet, the stock market may not be for you.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:32 am 

denti wrote:
i think this whole market is very speculative and the price is based on the market fad.

canopy for example has been losing money for the last 3 years. they lost more money last year than previous years. their P/E is horrible.

Yes you can argue that once weed gets legit their stocks profits will soar but that's all speculative as well as there will be other producers coming online and who knows that the restrictions are on the growers/ companies.

Kind of hard to make money when you're selling a product that isn't legal for recreational use yet, and are sitting on vaults full of the stuff ready to roll.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:50 am 

Are the vaults stacked full with camera film tubes?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 am 

Norts999 wrote:
Are the vaults stacked full with camera film tubes?

No, mason jars. Specifically the Classico pasta sauce ones you throw in the recycling. Those bad boys are robust!

There's also a rotating shift of sketchy-looking mexicans who sit guarding the supply wearing soiled wife beaters and snakeskin vests.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:31 am 

Quote:

Quote:
If you can't be bothered skimming through a couple of pages on the internet, the stock market may not be for you.

Sorry, they had me working all alone delivering pizzas last night. Halloween you know, parents don’t wanna cook. I put on like 600 km’s On my civic. Tips were good thou. Now me gots money to invest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:43 pm 

"Pizza's" huh?..............with extra "oregano"?
There's a lot of Mob lingo being thrown around in this thread. Mexican-Italian Mobster profiling if you catch my drift. Wink.
annnnnnnd......exhale.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 pm 

So after reading this thread and seeing the stocks everyone invested in. I am trying to get my son into investing his money into these stocks such as Canopy, Aurora, Cronos and maybe more?
Of course being in his 20’s he could care less but was intrigued by investing in weed stocks.
Any advice for me to give to him on what else/how much of each to invest ? I myself do not invest and don’t plan to yet, but if I could go back to his age I would invest. This is a long term investment as I don’t see this being a quick buy and sell.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 am 

Ronnie wrote:
So after reading this thread and seeing the stocks everyone invested in. I am trying to get my son into investing his money into these stocks such as Canopy, Aurora, Cronos and maybe more?
Of course being in his 20’s he could care less but was intrigued by investing in weed stocks.
Any advice for me to give to him on what else/how much of each to invest ? I myself do not invest and don’t plan to yet, but if I could go back to his age I would invest. This is a long term investment as I don’t see this being a quick buy and sell.

Honestly he’s better off with a self managed ETF strategy. Check out canadiancouchpotato.com and have him listen to the podcasts to understand everything.
Also tony robbins’ book Unshakeable is an excellent motivator for retirement planning. If you start in your 20’s, you’re laughing.

Weed stocks are SUPER volatile and pretty risky. It’s still not legal, remember. I would figure out what he can afford to invest and dump 90% in a balanced ETF portfolio and 10% in WEED/HMMJ.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:56 am 

....and looks like another huge day.

WEED just broke a new 52week high.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next